[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Introduce yourselves!

Introduce yourselves!

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: Introduce yourselves!

Postby Jerichai » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:19 am

Hey all! Pleasure to make your acquaintance! :)

The name's Jerichai. I've been a huge fan of the Pokemon games since Gen 1 (though I did miss Gen 3 and 4 due to silly reasons; i.e. I let other people's opinions of playing Pokemon in High School and College influence me...that won't be happening again. I don't care if I'm 50 and still playing these games). Play a bit competitively, but I tend to like to come up with oddball teams or base my Pokemon off of odd strategies, so winning in that scene doesn't usually come easily for me, haha. :P

I've been going to PAX East for a few years now. I've seen to PPL around, but the first two years I was there, I was trying to do too many different things and simply didn't have enough time to give it a go. I'm hoping to change that soon! I love PAX so much, and would love to give back to the event in so way, since I feel like it's the community's support of the event that makes it so awesome. I'd love a be a gym leader one day. I feel like it would be an awesome way to support the PAX experience while doing something I love!

Anyways, look forward to getting to know everyone better! :D
Jerichai

Postby IronPentacarbonyl » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Guess I should introduce myself at least. Found you guys at East last year and while I was unprepared, I intend next spring to be different. I've been an on and off of Pokemon for a while; never got seriously competitive, but I fool around on cart and sim now and again. Now I know this exists, I'm looking forward to seeing you all at the next PAX East.
IronPentacarbonyl

Postby Vixxy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi all, my name's Vixxy! (Well, actually, it's Cara, but online, I'm best known as Vix)

I discovered PPL only a few days ago, through the article on Kotaku. I think it showed up in my facebook feed, or something. Either way, I saw it, and thought the idea was AWESOME, so I just had to have a look! Learning that this was going to be happening at PAX Australia was both great, and a little sad at the same time. See, I couldn't make it to PAX this year. I've never viewed myself as much of a gamer, so I didn't think PAX was for me. So, no tickets, and other obligations I had to fulfil over the weekend.

However, PPL just gave me a great reason to check PAX out! My boyfriend and I haven't stopped talking about it since I shared the news with him. We both hope that the League went well at PAX Aus this year, and that we can get involved next year. We've got plans to entertain EVERYONE. :D

I've been a pokemon fan since it first made it to Australia, so... That's a good 15 or so years, right there. The only games I missed were FireRed and LeafGreen, otherwise, I've had at least one game from each Generation. Kanto and Johto are my favourite regions. I'm a casual player; never got into the competitive battling thing. Largely 'cause I was a small town girl, and no-one at school would admit to playing pokemon, and those that did, well... They weren't going to play with THE GIRL.
Nowadays, I can't help but laugh about how closed-minded the kids I knew were.
Vixxy

Postby Volaro » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Welcome to the forum, Vixxy (and well, everyone else too!) :D I can tell you from experience (as a leader and a challenger) that the PPL is a ton of fun and I can only imagine it was no different down under~ Its super exciting seeing it grow as it has alongside PAX, as it used to be just PAX East and Prime in the US.
Volaro, The Elusive Rose of PPL East 2013
Roberto, The Iron Gentleman of PPL East 2014
Tenta, The Turf-Trouncing Trainer of PPL East 2016
Roberto, The Fey-Fond Prince of PPL East 2017
Volaro
One-Time Leader

Postby snowyalice » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:49 am

The Ausmistress

Coach of:
snowyalice
Eight-Time Leader

Postby Vixxy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:52 pm

Vixxy

Postby Propriety » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi Vix! Welcome to the forums! Super great to have you!

It sounds like the PAX Pokemon League would be a perfect fit for you! We're really focused on making something that isn't really like the competitive scene.

We're hoping PPL Aus will be even bigger next year! With these things it's all about word of mouth, you know, so we started small, but the gym leaders all reported good things, so I see no reason why it won't continue into the coming years! :D
See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby MarbhDamhsa » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:42 am

Hiya! I'm Jay. I'm generally pretty terrible at introductions... I'm 26 and live in southeastern Massachusetts with my wife and her boyfriend. Um... I work full-time as a chef in addition to going to school full-time for Software Engineering.

As the resident pokemaster everywhere I frequent, I felt the need to at least half-heartedly challenge the PPL at the one day I was at PAX East last year and thought it'd be a lot more interesting to do it from the other side this year. I was lucky enough to grab a 3day pass in the 5 seconds they were available and am greatly looking forward to seeing the entirety of PAX this year... even if I have to quit my job in the process :P Dedication, FTW!

Questions? I like questions.
MarbhDamhsa

Postby ahscott » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:50 pm

welcome everyone!! if you have yet, put your 3ds friend code in this thread [url1wo]http://paxpokemonleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=511[/url1wo]

and welcome again

[img1wo]http://i2.asntown.net/h4/13/funny-gif/3/32/epic-high-five-pokemon.gif[/img1wo]
PPL east admin
[url=https://www.twitch.tv/ah_scottmyb]follow me on twitch[/urlmyb]
ahscott

Postby Katrinaface » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Katrina all of the time - be it on the internet or real life. I'm a design & printing person by day, and some kind of Pokemon master by night. I'm not much of a battler compared to the more competitive folk, but I'm really into collecting and the whole "living 'dex" kind of thing.

I first heard of PPL in 2011 - I co-hosted a Pokemon panel at Anime Boston with some of my friends and afterwards a PPL gym leader (Who I assume in retrospect was Hamato) awarded the three of us with his badge.
I've followed PPL activities for a while, but I've always watched from the sidelines. I've applied to be a gym leader for this upcoming PAX East, but if I don't get accepted I'm sure I'll be competing!

Nice to meet all of you! :)

Also, I like round, squishy Pokemon. That's important.
[color=#8000FFn6l][size=85n6l]PAX East 2015 Gym Leader!
Art person.[/sizen6l][/colorn6l]
Katrinaface

PreviousNext

Return to Mingling