[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Does anyone know where to order a custom pokeball?

Does anyone know where to order a custom pokeball?

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Does anyone know where to order a custom pokeball?

Postby gleed99 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:56 pm

I am interested in getting a specific type of ball to use with my costume for this year, but the kinds I am looking for are difficult to find. I am hoping for something more solid than plush because I want to squeeze it in my hand and have it resist it a little bit. It's a stress thing in battle I guess. Luxury ball or a nest ball is what I'm specifically thinking of. Any input is appreciated!
East '17 - Harry, The Cold-Iron School Kid
East '18 - Harry, Pilot in Command
gleed99

Re: Does anyone know where to order a custom pokeball?

Postby NovaCascade » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:41 am

I hear there's a guy named Kurt, if you bring him some Apricorns he might be able to do something for you :lol:

On a more serious note, Etsy is always a good place to start for something like this.
I'm also pretty sure Volucris got some custom balls made for his Grass gym a couple of years ago. You could send him a PM to find out where he got them if he doesn't see this thread
Aus 2014 - Challenger - Hall of Fame
Aus 2015 - Aspen the Exiled Snake Charmer
Aus 2017 - Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Aus 2018 - Eclipse, The Wandering Mystic
Aus 2019 - Velka, Lord of Souls

Coach of the -
[img6wn]http://i.imgur.com/JEVxKq5.png[/img6wn]
NovaCascade

Postby NovaAva » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:25 am

Would something like [url=https://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Clip-Carry-Eevee-Luxury/dp/B01C49MF4Sbyy]this[/urlbyy] work? It has a clip* molded onto it, which makes it less comfortable to hold and less "realistic", but it's hard plastic and can store things inside it.

*The clip is, unfortunately, BS. I tried wearing the Master Ball version to SDCC and the damn thing kept falling off my breeder cosplay.
Switch FC: SW-8197-3225-6415
-----
[b7t5]PAX South '18:[/b7t5] Faye the Dragon Slayer
[b7t5]PAX South '19:[/b7t5] Celeste the Avian Astronomer
[b7t5]PAX South '20:[/b7t5] Nova the Duplicant Miner
NovaAva

Postby Ruppy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:21 pm

I've been dabbling a bit in 3D modeling and printing. I might be able to get something put together for you. That said, I do use an external service for anything I've had 3D printed (buying a 3D printer is not cheap) and I'd probably need to toy around with different material possibilities, but I might be able to lend a hand. Considering you were going to be shopping around anyway, I'm sure we could work something out if you wanted to go that route.
Prime 15 - 8 Badges, 4 E5 Emblems - Hall of Fame Entrant
West 16 - Leader - Lucas, The Boy From Nowhere
West 17 - E5 - Sans, The Judge of Karma
East 18 - Leader - Lincoln Loud, The Man with the Plan
West 18 - Champion - Ruppy, the Devoted Designer
Ruppy

Postby Marcucci » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:13 am

You might be on to a fine business idea here, Gleed. I have not heard of any business that makes custom pokeballs and I like the idea.
Marcucci

Postby Elablet » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:20 am

If you want to go the 3D print route, there are numerous free model files (of varying quality) available online, which covers most of the standard in-game balls. You can either print them in parts in the appropriate colors, or paint them.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1615753

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:955822

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1794277

I've printed a few, but to be honest, considering the material cost, and the labor involved, I would generally say that it's probably easier to just look up pre-fabricated toys on eBay.
PAXS 2016: [url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2016/01/cliff-the-fossil-hunter/zdr]Cliff the Fossil Hunter[/urlzdr]
PAXS 2017: [url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2017/01/the-elites-are-here-south-2017-elite-six-revealed/zdr]Model 404, the Eliminator Android[/urlzdr]
PAXS 2018: [url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2018/01/souths-elite-5-are-here/zdr]Bobby Crewe, the Grill Master[/urlzdr]
PAXS 2019: [url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2019/01/gym-leaders-with-jobs-three-more-south-leaders-revealed-steven-wolfe-jade-and-howard/zdr]Howard, the Insomniac Night Shift Manager[/urlzdr]
Elablet

Return to Mingling