[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Theme help

Theme help

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

Theme help

Postby EddiesCouch » Wed May 16, 2012 10:53 am

Since last PAX Prime I've been trying to get a team together for the next PPL. I've managed to come up with a team I absolutely adore... but I'm finding it hard to fit it into a theme and it's not a mono-type team either. I've been trying for a while to think of something, but usually what I come up with is too broad to feel right. At this point I think I'm going to have to switch some pokemon out, but at the same time I'd like to keep as many of the pokemon as I can. This is the original team:
Swampert
Weavile
Hydreigon
Gliscor
Scrafty
Chandelure
With a Pichu kind of sideboarded in.

Last night I thought maybe I could fit some into a Greek Mythology theme (Swampert- Posideon, Scrafty- Ares, Hydreigon- Hydra, Pichu- Zues, Chandelure- Hades) but I don't know if that would be pushing it or not.
Black FC: 2151 3146 5490
White FC: 2752 6848 6170

I'm always looking to test out my team and trade.
EddiesCouch

Re: Theme help

Postby Prof. Pine » Wed May 16, 2012 2:36 pm

a Greek mythology team sounds really interesting.

If you wanted to be more restrictive, maybe pick someone like Houndoom for Hades, or Machamp for Herecles. I think a cool way to make the team a bit more tight and close to the theme is rethink picking your types relating to the gods and try to match the secondary types as well.
Prof. Pine

Postby EddiesCouch » Wed May 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Well, for Hades I thought that ghost/fire was preferable since Hades is the god of the underworld. Also, because Chandelure can learn energy ball and solar beam, which are grass moves, it kind of feels like a shout out to perseophone.
I agree that Machamp would be great for Herecles, but unfortunately I don't have one and machop hasn't popped up in my White Forest yet. Though if I could get my hands on one, it would probably be a tossup between using it or my Scrafty. As for secondary types, I am probably going to scrap my weavile and Gliscor because what I ended coming up for them requires a google search. I may try and find a pokemon for Hermes or maybe Artemis.

EddiesCouch

Postby Heleor » Wed May 16, 2012 6:42 pm

If you do get someone representing Heracles, you can get a Mareep if you want to symbolize the labors. :)
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby EddiesCouch » Wed May 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Hah, that would be interesting, though if you're thinking of Mareep for the golden fleece that's Jason and the Argonauts. But going with the theme, off the top of my head you could go Machamp (the man himself), Muk (stable cleaning), Hydreigon (hydra) , Skarmory (Stymphalian birds), Emboar (Erymanthian Boar), Luxray (Nemean Lion)/Bouffalant (Cretan Bull). Granted I'm not sure how that would work as a team...

EddiesCouch

Postby Shade » Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 pm

E12+P12: Berri, the Master Ranger+Maxie, Champion of the Land (E5)
E13+P13: Berri, the Dragon Ranger+Berri, the Traveling Ranger
E14+P14: Neuro of Aperture Labs+Co-cordinator
E15: Sorra of the Parched Pirates
S16, S17, S18: Peggy Pidgeot, Robin, Osono
Shade
League Coordinator

Postby EddiesCouch » Wed May 16, 2012 9:33 pm

EddiesCouch

Postby Reiam2 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:47 pm

You could use Rapidash or Zebstrika for the mares of Diomedes as well. This ones a stretch, but you could use Exeggutor as the golden apples of Zeus.
West '13: Douglas, [i8eq]The Rival's Badge[/i8eq]
West '14: Samuel Willingston III, [i8eq]The Knowledge Badge[/i8eq]
West '15: Otto, [i8eq]The Rotation Badge[/i8eq]
Reiam2

Postby Touko » Wed May 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Well, actually...
Touko

Postby Heleor » Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 pm

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor