[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Have a favorite pokemon?

Have a favorite pokemon?

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

Have a favorite pokemon?

Postby Kirogata » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 pm

So I run a lot of silly teams, and my rule of thumb is use your favorite in your Main team. So I was talkign wqith a friend last nigth and his favorite pokemon was Ampharos.

EDIT OH GOD MISSCLICK!

So, bassicalyl, if you are having a hard time using your favorite pokemon, here we can all chip in to see the ways it can be used~

Ampharos shines in double battles by the by. With team support.
Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Re: Have a favorite pokemon?

Postby Blackfox138 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 pm

Dat misclick.

Favourite Pokemon? Cradily by far. Does it work on team? Why yes it does. Best response in a match "Wait, what type is that again?" and "THOSE ARE EYES! THEY BLINK! THEY AREN'T TEETH?!" My only issue with it is that both Storm Drain AND Suction Cups are pretty awesome abilities and I couldn't decide which to make until I ran out of time. Every now-and-then I wished I had Storm Drain, but then I would sit there and wall Skarmory like none other.

tl;dr: I liek Cradily but which ability is better in Sandstorm?
Blackfox138
Two-Time Leader

Postby Kirogata » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm

I'd say suction cups: Logic to follow~

As far as takign damage goes, really, getting phased out of your curse boosts is what will hit you the hardest. So unless you run ingrain, suction cups is the way to go~ Espically since it's normal damage vs water anyway. And high sdef in sandstorm...and yeah. Suction cups. Mang.

Grnted that is ALSo assumign it's a sand stream sand storm team, not a smooth rock sand storm team.
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby Blackfox138 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:32 pm

Sand Stream of course, Hippo support. Usual moveset is

Cradily@Leftovers
Careful 252 HP/216 Def/40 Sp.D (There was a reason for the spread but I made this when HG/SS came out, therefore I have no idea why it is so)
~Toxic
~Rock Slide
~Recover
~Curse

With Storm Drain I was looking at a more Sp.A type beast with Energy Ball and such, but dem cups...
Blackfox138
Two-Time Leader

Postby Kirogata » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:38 pm

I honestly think going rockslide is a better bet since you can utilize cure more so. Also hits neutral on more pokes Me thinks. I mean, you could go down a stockpile route, limiting you to +3, and then throw energy ball, but i'd toy around with that and see how you like it.

I personally like using stockpile.
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby Blackfox138 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 pm

I use stockpile on Hippo and love it. So much bulk, takes Energy Ball like a boss. Only problem with my Hippo is EQ is it's only move (Roar/EQ/Slack Off/Stockpile) meaning I'm forced to switch or Roar away anything with Levitate/Flying. Not a super problem, but kind of sad to be 1-1 and Hippo vs Gengar.

Honestly I'm pretty content with Cradily, might make a DW one just to switch around with so that I'm not using the same team every match (and to mess with rematches) seeing as my only backup was DW Gliscor. Hrm... ideas for Sandstorm mk 2, rematch edition are brewing as we type...
Blackfox138
Two-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Throwing this fun bit out there.

I run a SS team cradily. It's name is Witch.

Witch@leftovers
ohgodIdon'trememberatall

-curse
-recover
-[b3nv]Smack down[/b3nv]
-[b3nv]Earthquake[/b3nv]

Here's my move spread biznitches.
Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Blackfox138 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:00 pm

This topic has now become about Cradily and how awesome it is. Please pretend the first post doesn't matter.

I can't remember, how long does Smack Down effect against Flying last, just until the end of the turn right? 50 power, 100 acc and spikes damage (It's a stall team, I always have hazards up) or 70 power, 90 acc (not really 90, try 75 tops) and flinch (out sped by Nattorei after 3 curse so lol who cares). I don't know, I might actually like Smack Down...

At one point I considered Pain Split over Recover. Troll Blissey so hard... but then I realized it's super unreliable and backfires on mispredicted switches... would love to make it work though...
Blackfox138
Two-Time Leader

Postby Kirogata » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 am

RERAIL!
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby Touko » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Well, actually...
Touko