[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Underrated pokemon!

Underrated pokemon!

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

Underrated pokemon!

Postby Kai » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:32 am

No one has spoken on here in FOREVER!

So, lets get some underrated pokemon INTO THE SPOTLIGHT! I honestly can't think of many. Though chansey is now usable, and better than blissey in many eyes. Which is cool.
Kai
One-Time Leader

Re: Underrated pokemon!

Postby PoeticMadnesss » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Not sure how the rest of you feel about it, but Cloyster, to me, was a pretty underrated pokemon...until it tore my team apart, 6-0. Absolutely terrifying.
Black: 0647 5155 3272
Pkmn Breeder
Certified Gold Card Carrier
PoeticMadnesss

Postby Kirogata » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Skill link was ALWAYS overlooked.(I made one in 4th that people lol'd at...and it swept before shell smash*Crit items ftw)

But as far as underated, really most any pokemon that isn't OU is. Tiers are based off of useage. I mean, my compettive team has some UU and BL on it, and It usually handels Ubers alright.

I mean, its all about synergy.

I myself have been wracking my brain to make a team that Luxray works on.(Seeming like it'll be a trick room team.)
Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Gameshark » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:52 am

My favourite Pokemon of all time. Who is it? Well, let me show you this magnificent creature: [spoilerbk5][imgbk5]http://pokemon.supercheats.com/artwork/233.png[/imgbk5][/spoilerbk5]

I used 'The Duck' in both of my teams, and the little guy never let me down. What made me sadface was a few challengers asked if I was trying to get his totally lame brother PorygonZ instead of this guy. Not only does this thing look cool, but don't get me started on Trace. That has gotten me out of a few pickles to say the least.
Gameshark
Three-Time Leader

Postby Kirogata » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:52 am

Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby rainbowtunnel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:22 pm

I think you know who I'm going to promote, so I'll just leave this here....
(Quick - guess what it is before you open it!)

[spoilerprs][imgprs]http://i55.tinypic.com/2s9afll.png[/imgprs][/spoilerprs]
rainbowtunnel

Postby SolonCubed » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 pm

I love underrated Pokemon! And with how many Pokemon are in the game now there are tons of great picks now to really create that 6-Pokemon team synergy

1. Gliscor - An exciting and complex type-pair and fantastic physical wall but with the attack power and pool to back it up, with fifth-gen it gained the dream world ability Poison Heal making it an even more versatile wall. However, it does lose Stealth Rock which makes it less as a lead, but if you don't have access to the dream world ability, it still works as a great SR lead. On top of all that, it looks very cool
Other great underrated physical utility walls - Umbreon baton passing all 'dem stats around and Hippowdon laying down a sand bath and chillin' in it.

2. Throh - You want to punch something in the face, but aren't really all that confident in your defenses because you are a slow fat Conkuldurr? You want a crazy nose eyebrow? Throh challenges a lot of the norms of the Pokemon universe, such as, which comes first: The martial arts outfit or the egg? Either way, Throh fills a nice niche with some cool moves such as Circle Throw and Storm Throw. Boost up with a Bulk Up and go to town!
SolonCubed
One-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby SolonCubed » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 pm

SolonCubed
One-Time Leader

Next

Return to Team Building