Explosions! More Explosions!

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

Explosions! More Explosions!

Postby Inspector_Spacetime » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:35 am

So, I'm putting together an Explosion based team for a fun little tournament and I'm trying to figure out what other items to use. If you have any other input, I'd love to get that as well. So, here's what I have so far.

Snorlax
Custap Berry
Self-Destruct
Crunch
Earthquake
Belly Drum

Gigalith
No item yet
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Earthquake

M-Glalie
Mega stone
Explosion
Dark Pulse
Freeze Dry
Super Fang

Camerupt
Normal Gem
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Earth Power
Fire Blast/Lava Plume (haven't decided yet)

Lickilicky
Focus Sash(?)
Explosion
Power Whip
Return
Knock Off

Metagross
Assault Vest
Explosion
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash
Pursuit
East 13, 14, 17: Hall of Fame
East 15: E7 Pro-Bending
East 16: GL Persona Tarot Arcana
East 18: E8 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
East 19: GL Golden Sun Doubles
East 20: GL Foxes
Unplugged 17, 18, 19, 21: GL Fairies
Inspector_Spacetime

Re: Explosions! More Explosions!

Postby NovaCascade » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:31 am

I feel like Lickilicky would be better suited to an Assault Vest. Maybe a Life Orb or Leftovers for Metagross?
Aus 2014 - Challenger - Hall of Fame
Aus 2015 - Aspen the Exiled Snake Charmer
Aus 2017 - Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Aus 2018 - Eclipse, The Wandering Mystic
Aus 2019 - Velka, Lord of Souls

Coach of the -
[img6wn]http://i.imgur.com/JEVxKq5.png[/img6wn]
NovaCascade

Postby kirby4life » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:53 am

So Gigalith comes with sturdy which means unless the enemy has a multi hit move or traps set up it can survive one hit. Giving it a choice band would mean MAX damage. I would save Focus Sash for a Cloister. It would ensure you get a Shell Smash off before the impending doom. Lickilicky should really have the same build as Snorlax in terms of Belly Drum\Explosion\Custap Berry. Fun Fact: You can use that Snorlax to pass Belly Drum on Lickilicky!! Good luck!!
kirby4life

Postby Inspector_Spacetime » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:23 pm

How did I miss that Lickilicky could get Belly Drum?!?!? I'm a moron! I wish I had noticed that earlier, but I don't have time to breed anything new...I will definitely breed a new one for later use. I would run Custap Berries on several of these guys, but the tournament is using the Item Clause, so I can't. I would run Choice Band on Gigalith, but I want him to set up Stealth Rocks, to break through the opponents Sturdy and Focus Sashes, otherwise my explosions won't kill things. I didn't even think about Cloyster. I may have to replace someone with him in the future. (As a side note, I was doing some testing, and a Belly Drum Self-Destruct off Snorlax is absolutely bonkers in the damage it can deal)

So, in the end, I replaced Earthquake on Gigalith with Superpower, since I have lots of Ground coverage on other guys, and gave him a White Herb, to prevent my Explosion damage dropping. Based on the fact that Lickilicky has significantly more HPs than Metagross (I think its 233 vs. 179) I put Leftovers on him and left the Assault Vest with Metagross, so that he can take more hits.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions, and I will definitely be making adjustments in the future. I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow :)
Inspector_Spacetime

Postby Inspector_Spacetime » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:44 am

So, I lost in the first round, but I can't really say I was expecting more than that. I went up against a very competitive team that kept wrecking me before I could actually explode. I got him down to 2, though, and I had more fun with that battle than I have had in quite a while, so I'm gonna call it a win for the team :)
Inspector_Spacetime

Return to Team Building