Quick Feet and Flame/Toxic Orb?

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

Quick Feet and Flame/Toxic Orb?

Postby Adritha » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:27 pm

I read the wording on the Quick Feet ability: Boosts the Speed stat if the Pokémon has a status condition. If a pokemon has Quick Feet, would it be beneficial to give them a Flame Orb/Toxic Orb? The orb will gives its boost, and the status condition would trigger the ability. Any pokemon that runs this I think would have to be either a sweeper or naturally on the faster end, and hopefully not too fragile. Since burns lower attack, would it be better if the Quick Feet/Flame Orb user was more of a special attacker or waller?

Still trying to wrap my head around these orbs and the best way to use them outside Toxic Orb/Poison Healer.
PAX South: Allie (Poison), Emi (Electric), Jen (Ghost/Objects), Ellie (Ground/Steel), Crystal (Ice, Elite)
Adritha

Re: Quick Feet and Flame/Toxic Orb?

Postby AssumptionPrime » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:50 pm

If the Quick Feet pokemon in question is a Special Attacker, then Flame Orb can be a good idea. It's most advantageous on a frail sweeper. It won't boost your power like it would on something with Guts, so it won't help you break a wall, but it can help you outspeed the enemy's frail, fast pokemon. But bear in mind you won't get the speed boost from Quick Feet until your second turn.

I will say I think I know the pokemon you're looking at, and Life Orb is probably a more solid choice there.
My webcomic, [url=http://www.xpboostcomic.comusx]Experience Boost[/urlusx] (some NSFW language)
AssumptionPrime

Postby Aurethious » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:02 am

I use a Quick Feet Ursaring from time to time and put Toxic Orb on it. It can catch an opponent off guard and do some massive damage, especially paired with a STAB Facade. Some nasty stuff when you get a chance to go with it.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby kirby4life » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:53 am

I ran a Quick Feet Granbull for a while when the new Fairy Type came out. Play Rough, E Quake, Rest and Super Fang were his moves to start. Found out that he wasn't tanky enough to use Rest effectively so I switched it out for Fire Punch. Not the best sweeper, but he wasn't trash either. Best case scenario, I was able to knock out the first guy and reduce the next one to half HP. Happened about 50-66% of the time. His pitfall was ghost types though. The Super Fang opening didn't work against them and Gengar (who was really popular because of his new mega at the time) was the most common occurrence of this.
kirby4life

Return to Team Building