[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Building a good fighing type team

Building a good fighing type team

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

Building a good fighing type team

Postby Inkraven » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Been looking at Smogon and I have some good ideas, but there are definitely some issues in that fighting types seem to have a lot of weaknesses. Any general advice for creating a good team? So far I'm thinking of only have one or two pure fighters on my team and having the rest be fighing/insert type here so I get more type coverage.
See my art at [url9uq]http://inkravensketchbook.tumblr.com[/url9uq]
My Etsy shop: [url9uq]https://www.etsy.com/shop/InkravenStudio[/url9uq]

Friend code (3DS): 4468-1121-2586
Xbox Live: InkGale (I play mostly GoW3 and ME3)
Inkraven

Re: Building a good fighing type team

Postby Powalen » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:10 pm

The best thing about building a mono-type team is that you already know exactly what your weaknesses are before you even start! So for Fighting as long as you've got a few things that counter Fairy/Flying/Psychic types then you're basically set.

What I usually do for building a mono-type team is choose one or two Pokemon that I absolutely want to use no matter what and then build the rest of the team around them. Eg. For my 2014 Bug team I wanted to use Butterfree, which is super weak against Rock, so I added a Scizor to support it. Now I can see that both are weak against Fire, so I added a Scolipede that knew Aqua Tail, etc, etc until I had a full working team.

(Planning all this out is half the fun! For me anyway :P)
[size=85t8i][url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2014/10/leader-priam-leader-of-the-swarm/t8i]2014 PPL Aus Leader[/urlt8i]
[url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2015/10/windsor-the-aerobatic-aviator/t8i]2015 PPL Aus Leader[/urlt8i]
[bt8i]NNID:[/bt8i] Powalen [bt8i]Twitter:[/bt8i] @PowalenAU[/sizet8i]
Powalen

Postby guthy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:21 am

if you are after "good" possible team members then i would recommend:

Lucario - great fairy deterant, quick guard for doubles, special or physical it can do it all.
gallade (my personal favorite) - mega or non mega, decent stats and suprising utility, disable, encore, heal pulse, taunt, will o wisp,can set up screens, imprison and both guards.

these are the ones that jumped to mind.

hope they help.
Pax Aus 2014 - Hydra, the dragon gym leader
Pax Aus 2015 - Maximillian pegasus, the crimson illusionist
Pax Aus 2016 - Andy, The hyper Repairer.
FC: 3196- 4583-9133
Coach of the: [bnl2]Perth Hills Houndooms[/bnl2]
Season 1 final standing : First
[url=http://postimg.org/image/gd3f77y4h/nl2][imgnl2]http://s32.postimg.org/gd3f77y4h/Capture_houndooms.jpg[/imgnl2][/urlnl2]
guthy

Postby RocketGruntFro » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:24 pm

I cannot recommend scrafty enough, although fairy type has made for quite a thorn in his side I imagine there are a handful of people who remember how scary mine was a few years back.
Nick Diamond (Fighting) East 2012
Karl Howard (Egyptian) Prime 2012
Maxwell Graves (Ghost) East 2013
"Professor Birch" (Ghost) East 2014
Joshua Eldridge (Relics) East 2016
Maurice (Mimics) East 2017
Maxwell Graves (Marshadow) Unplugged 2017
RocketGruntFro
Three-Time Leader

Postby kirby4life » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:12 am

One of the best parts of making a mono gym is surprising your opponents with fun and unique counters to what should be your weakness. Being a fighting type gym means you have trouble defensively with Fairy/Psychic/Flying and offensively with Ghost. So, what are some solutions??

VS Ghost
The obvious choice is to put either Pangoro or Scrafty in your team. Being part Dark makes them offensively stronger against ghost AND they have synergy with Knock off. You could also run Mega Lopunny since it has Scrappy. Fake Out followed by Return (assuming you have max friendship) or Hi Jump Kick (assuming you don't miss) is a devastating combo.

VS Fairy
This one is a bit hard since you will not have access to Mega Lucario but his regular self is still a force if used properly. Flash Cannon can weaken the enemy and Bullet Punch can finish them off. There is also Cobalion and Toxicroak to look into.

VS Psychic
This match up could pull double duty on Pangoro and\or Scrafty but it doesn't have to. Heracross can be devastating if you run Protect turn one then Guts + Poison from Toxic Orb + Megahorn turn 2. His Mega form gets a massive boost in damage and will guarantee a 5 hit Pin Missile.

VS Flying
ALL Pokémon that have the Iron Fist passive can learn Thunder Punch and some can learn Ice Punch. There is also Terrakion who gets STAB from Rockslide/Stone Edge, plus he can learn Stealth Rock.

VS The Rest
There is a nasty trick you can play with Breloom. Spore guarantees sleep on the enemy and Technician + Power Up Punch = POWER OVERWHELMING!! Or you could run the "one hit wonder" known as NoGuardChoiceScarfDynamicPunchMachamp. Experiment not just with Pokémons but also with different battle types. Since some of the fighting types can learn Wide Guard maybe you want to run triple battles and have Keldeo in the middle with Choice Specs spamming Surf.

If you need any help with breeding HA or moves, just drop me a PM. I have a decent collection and might be able to help. Good luck!!
Last edited by kirby4life on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirby4life

Return to Team Building