Help with a casal team Trevenant

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

Help with a casal team Trevenant

Postby Volucris » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:40 am

Hi guys!

Looking for a bit of help with a Trevenant I've got for my casual leader team. It's not designed with competitiveness in mind but it's the last Pokemon to be sent out so I do want it to hold its own. Atm it's Harvest w/ Lum berry. 4 iv -sp.att and speed. Its ev spread will be mostly random like casual players mons, though to help it fight back I thought I'd give it a little investment in things like hp and att.

The build I'd planned for it was originally my standard HA Trev set:

Horn Leech
Will'o
Leech Seed
Rest

But I thought, since it's for a fun team I might be able to have a little fun with it. I really want to use its signature move "Forest's Curse" whilst maintaining a build revolving around staying alive.
What I was thinking:
Horn Leech/Wood Hammer
Forest's curse
Poison Jab/X-Scissor/Rock Slide/Drain Punch/Shadow Claw
Rest

As you can see there are a few options with that last set (and tbh there are probably more I haven't considered).
Anyone got any interesting ideas for me for this guy? Would really appreciate some other opinions.
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Re: Help with a casal team Trevenant

Postby Reiam2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:19 pm

You could try running a set that plays off of regaining health and increasing a stat if you wanted to be the last challenge in your team.

Horn Leech
Leech Seeds
Drain Punch
Protect/Sub.
Holding a Salac Berry

The Salac Berry increases your speed when you get below 25% health, but with this set you should be able to get some health back while still applying pressure for the challenger to take out the last hurtle before it takes them out.
West '13: Douglas, [i8eq]The Rival's Badge[/i8eq]
West '14: Samuel Willingston III, [i8eq]The Knowledge Badge[/i8eq]
West '15: Otto, [i8eq]The Rotation Badge[/i8eq]
Reiam2

Re: Help with a casal team Trevenant

Postby Volucris » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:33 pm

That's a very interesting set!

Using sub to possibly even prop the use of the berry is an intriguing idea! My only fault with it is that those little props to healing might not give it the reliable boosts it needs to stay alive. I feel like using the recycling berry to facilitate more reliable healing, with say sitrus or rest w/lum/chesto. If you take away from that reliability then trev might not last more than a few hits.

Having said that, it does have strong ivs and has been given a slight boost to evs to try and help it survive in an environment where the opponent can bring any number of counters to it. There is a chance it could set up that healing.

I'll definitely consider this build, its definitely unique and in this casual team it might be just the thing I'm looking for.

Cheers sir!
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Return to Team Building