[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - How do you best use a Mew?

How do you best use a Mew?

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

How do you best use a Mew?

Postby Kestrel » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:41 pm

My friend, for reasons I can't fathom, just gave me his Mew... :shock:

That said, I know it can learn any HM/TM, but....what strategies are there for Mew?
Kestrel

Re: How do you best use a Mew?

Postby Aurethious » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:12 am

You can pretty much take Mew in almost any direction you want to. On top of being able to learn every TM/HM, it can also learn any Move Tutor move. With a base 100 in every stat, it gives you some flexibility as to whether you want to go offense or defense and even on top of that physical, special, or mixed.

I know this sounds like my general advice for everything, but you should take a look at the team around Mew and see what you want it to do. If you need offense, you can go offense. If you need defense, you can do that way. Or there are other gimmicks you can do as well.

Here is a list of all of the moves that Mew can have in Gen 6. Keep in mind that all of the "Transfer Only Moves" are only available to you if it already has it, since they come from other generation games.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/151.shtml
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Kestrel » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Do you know how to get rid of HM's if I teach it any?

Thanks for the links! I'm excited and nervous to have this Pokemon finally! :mrgreen: I remember trying to get him back in one of the stadiums.

(Off topic but) Remember how that used to be the best way to play the games? If you had that piece that connected to your controller you could play your games on the TV? Best thing ever! And it was the first Pokebank! You could use the storage system in the game and start your games over without loosing your Pokemon, I did that all the time!
Kestrel

Postby SandstormS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:43 pm

E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby Kestrel » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks SandstormS! :mrgreen:

(Glad it's ok with the people here that I'm a novice. <3)
Kestrel

Return to Team Building