[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Special Chimchar

Special Chimchar

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

Special Chimchar

Postby Kestrel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:14 pm

I just got a really cool shiny Chimchar through WT, and I don't want to mess this up. I'm new to being strategic instead of going by instinct (which I'll still do)

Lvl 1
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Iron Fist

Move set:
Scratch
Leer
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch

She isn't part of any team yet, so all ears as well. Thanks for the help!
Kestrel

Re: Special Chimchar

Postby Reiam2 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Keep Fire and Thunder Punch and get Mach Punch or Close Combat threw leveling, the last move is up to you but I would recommend Earthquake.
West '13: Douglas, [i8eq]The Rival's Badge[/i8eq]
West '14: Samuel Willingston III, [i8eq]The Knowledge Badge[/i8eq]
West '15: Otto, [i8eq]The Rotation Badge[/i8eq]
Reiam2

Postby Kestrel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:37 pm

My only worry is I'm not sure about the balance, but it's true that his nature makes him more physical then special...

Maybe the last one can be a different move to balance out? Hmmmm
Kestrel

Postby Reiam2 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:12 pm

It's really hard to balance a Pokemon when they have an Adamant nature, but if you wanted a special move instead of earthquake then you could use Overheat. Then you could use Overheat once to get the minus two drop to Special attack then go in with physical hits.
West '13: Douglas, [i8eq]The Rival's Badge[/i8eq]
West '14: Samuel Willingston III, [i8eq]The Knowledge Badge[/i8eq]
West '15: Otto, [i8eq]The Rotation Badge[/i8eq]
Reiam2

Postby Kestrel » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:03 am

Overheat hmmm...sounds good. Dumb question why is it hard to balance adamant?
Kestrel

Postby Aurethious » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:49 am

Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Kestrel » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:58 am

Kestrel

Postby Aurethious » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:51 pm

That would probably be your best bet. Reiam2's suggested set was pretty good. You can also consider Fake Out as well. It's always handy for a bit of free first turn in damage.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Kestrel » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:45 pm

You both are the best, I'll let you know how it turns out! Maybe I'll use him in a battle next Pax!
Kestrel

Return to Team Building