[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - IV checking?

IV checking?

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

IV checking?

Postby Adritha » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:15 pm

I've recently been playing around with builds for specific pokemon. One in particular I've done involves getting a certain Hidden Power type. After researching and doing the math, I know what specific IV layout I need for my desired HP type, but I'm still wondering what the best way to check the IV values is. After a bit of internet poking around, I've seen two main ways to check values: IV calculator paired with rare candies/Battle Institute, or the Stat Checker in Kiloude City. The main problem I see with the Stat Checker is he doesn't give specific values, only an answer that goes for a certain value range. I can see where that might be useful if you're going for full IVs, but not so much for determining HP typing. I've also heard that some IV calculators might not be completely accurate, and a couple I've looked at seemed buggy or broken.

Does anyone have an IV checker and/or method they would recommend for use in determining specific Hidden Power types?
PAX South: Allie (Poison), Emi (Electric), Jen (Ghost/Objects), Ellie (Ground/Steel), Crystal (Ice, Elite)
Adritha

Re: IV checking?

Postby Draexzhan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:25 pm

As I recall, there's a guy in one of the houses in Anistar who will tell you what type a pokemon's hidden power would be.

As for IV calculators, I use this one, as it's up to date and I haven't had any problems with it: [url19r]http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx[/url19r] It does have a rather obnoxious chat at the bottom of the page, but you can mute that pretty easily.

If you go to the battle institute or do a normal rules wifi battle with someone, all your pokemon will be set to level 50, which is when you'll be able to see if an IV is at least 30 just by the stat. Combine this with the judge as well, and you'll know if it's a 30 or a 31.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or problems, ask away.
Draexzhan

Postby Lyrai » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:30 am

PPL '12 East - Challenger
PPL '13 East - Yellow de Bosque Verde
PPL '14 East - Blaire (& Justin) the Reliable Rachers
PPL '15 East - Kathleen (& Kenneth ) the Contest Coordinators
PPL '17 East - Paige Ryder the Pokémon Jockey
Lyrai
One-Time Leader

Postby Adritha » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:17 pm

Thanks for the tips guys! I totally forgot about the checker in Anistar.

Of course I'm going to laugh hysterically if the pokemon I have sitting in the PC naturally has the HP I want.
PAX South: Allie (Poison), Emi (Electric), Jen (Ghost/Objects), Ellie (Ground/Steel), Crystal (Ice, Elite)
Adritha

Return to Team Building