[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Need item for a poke!

Need item for a poke!

If you need help building your team, feel free to come here for advice!

Need item for a poke!

Postby Zoroark173 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:38 am

Articuno @ ??
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Speed
Timid (+Spd/-Atk)
- Lock-on
- Sheer Cold
- Hail

Snow cloak raises evasion by 20% when in hail. Lock-on prevents missing, then Sheer cold for the KO. HP EVs so that you don't get knocked out, then SPD EVs so that your can go Sheer Cold first.
Lazy Person fact # 20030258712378
You were too lazy to read that^ number
Zoroark173

Re: Need item for a poke!

Postby Ktywf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Brightpowder or Focus Sash
Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby Reiam2 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 pm

So I hate to be "that guy", but every fiber of my pokemon being is screaming at me to check this. So, here it is. The Aricuno you have built is not legal. If you are building it to just have fun, then by all means, build away. But if you are building it for some sort a tournament, then by warned that there are a lot of people who will refuse to battle you if they see an illegal pokemon. I just want to give you a fair warning before something bad happened. But as I said, if you are building this poke just for fun, then build away!
West '13: Douglas, [i8eq]The Rival's Badge[/i8eq]
West '14: Samuel Willingston III, [i8eq]The Knowledge Badge[/i8eq]
West '15: Otto, [i8eq]The Rotation Badge[/i8eq]
Reiam2

Postby Ktywf » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 pm

It depends on what you mean by legal. True, Articuno does not learn lock-on, but I believe that was just a simple mistake on Zoroark's part. Articuno does learn Mind Reader and Sheer Cold and is rather well known for being the only Pokemon to get a 100% accurate OHKO move. And while there are a few places that have One Hit KO moves banned, that does not apply to the PAX Pokemon League or even the official Nintendo tournaments. So build away, young Zoroark. And use Mind Reader, not Lock-On.
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby Zoroark173 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:29 am

Oh, thanks, I completely forgot it was Mind Reader and not Lock-On, mistake on my a
part :P
Lazy Person fact # 20030258712378
You were too lazy to read that^ number
Zoroark173

Postby Reiam2 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Reiam2

Postby Ktywf » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Oh that's right. Snow Cloak is not default. I say all that and then [i040]I[/i040] miss something. Snow Cloak Articuno is not yet legal, you are correct.
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby Reiam2 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:22 pm

I really hate to 'burst your bubble' on that one. But as I said, every fiber of my pokemon being was yelling at me saying "that this Articuno looks wrong". I am sad to say, but I have checked for another alternative pokemon for what you are trying to do and I could not find a one. Now, that doesn't mean that you could not run your Articuno, it just won't have Snow Cloak as it's ability. The closest I could come up with as an alternative was a Dugtrio. It can learn fissure naturally and can have the Sand Veil ability, which does the same thing as Snow Cloak but in a sandstorm. You would have Hone Claws and set up a bit to increase your accuracy, but it still comes down to a no guaranty on you hitting with Fissure. The other draw back to Dugtrio is that it is not as defensive as an Articuno is. It is faster then an Articuno so you would, most likely, have the first hit. Fissure also doesn't hit flying types or a levitated pokemon, which is another draw back to Dugtrio. As I said, I could not find a suitable alternative to your original build, which sucks. I would have liked to see how well that Articuno would do in the PPL, and you never know, a dream world Articuno event my be announced in the future. We can only hope for one.

Wow, this post is really long, sorry about that. I ramble on some times when it comes to pokemon.
Reiam2

Return to Team Building