[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Peta hates pokemon

Peta hates pokemon

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Peta hates pokemon

Postby BigDumbHippy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 am

It should say four-timing gym leader
BigDumbHippy
Two-Time Leader

Re: Peta hates pokemon

Postby Mehnit » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 am

The real life Team Plasma.
Mehnit

Postby Jeffolas » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Um, wow, just wow. They really plan on hitting all sorts of negative stereotypes don't they? Even ones that don't really show up in Pokemon to begin with. Then again I'm not surprised, it is Peta after all, but I am appalled. They should focus their efforts on something a bit more impacting than targeting a long-standing series.
~PPL HoF Entrant~
('12) ('16)

~PPL East Gym Leader~
Riley - The Aura Guardian ('13)
Isaac Adler - The Golfing Prodigy ('14)
Kenneth & Kathleen - Contest Coordinators ('15)
Glenn Waylon - The Intrepid Geologist ('17)
Isaac - The Warrior of Vale ('18)
Jeffolas
One-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm probably a sick person, but this only made me laugh. If this wasn't official, I could totally believe that this was a parody of PETA. Not only did they get most of the mechanics and story right (hey, I guess people there like playing it too!), the only conclusion that people will come to is "Hey, these Pokemon games look pretty fun. Maybe I should try it?"

"Ghetsis: Didn't you finish the last game? There was a whole twist in the ending."

/facepalm
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 pm

my favorite note when looking into this "game" was that all the peaceful options like "group hug" and "protest" did nothing. really sly way to say that violence is the answer (or since protest and group hug sometimes reduce stats, that eventually things must excalate to violence).

PETA: Violence against people, because violence against animals is wrong.
Prof. Pine

Postby Aurethious » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:19 am

Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Jeffolas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:10 am

~PPL HoF Entrant~
('12) ('16)

~PPL East Gym Leader~
Riley - The Aura Guardian ('13)
Isaac Adler - The Golfing Prodigy ('14)
Kenneth & Kathleen - Contest Coordinators ('15)
Glenn Waylon - The Intrepid Geologist ('17)
Isaac - The Warrior of Vale ('18)
Jeffolas
One-Time Leader

Postby SandstormS » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:03 pm

it looks like PETA really likes pokemon.

its the humans they dont really care for
E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby WoopWoop » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:53 pm

I found this game hilarious. Like I know it really bothered a lot of people, and I totally understand that, but from my personal view point I couldn't take the game seriously at all. (I almost really wish I had time to make a Ghetsis costume from this for Halloween, I want that cape)

I feel bad because I think Oshawott looked like a walking smoked chicken and I couldn't stop laughing about that. And some things were surprisingly accurate, while others are like "Yeah, Ash TOTALLY never let Pikachu out of it's ball. Ash only took it out for battling. Ash just kept Pikachu in a ball constantly... yep... yep... seems legit"

bringing up what Ghetsis says about finishing the last game, I say "Do you even watch the show?"

I also love how they keep all the names, and basically designs of pokemon and characters, while I'm certain they were not given permission from nintendo to use them. So, could there maybe be a lawsuit in the future? I'd love that. Just I love how Peta wastes money on something no one can take seriously. Like they couldn't just use their money on something that would actually... help animals? compared to being a laughing stock and/or pissing off pokemon fans. I understand the message they were TRYING to get across, but... pokemon was not the way.
East Leader:
13: Melanie, the Wooper Fanatic
14-16: redacted for signature length
17: Mei, the Frozen Climatologist
18: Stevie, the Krookidile Hunter
19: Cee, the Green-Thumbed Gardener
20: Grunts (Amber and) Raine, the Steamy Lovers
WoopWoop
One-Time Leader

Postby Ktywf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 am

I haven't played it but I don't really need to. This, like every single thing PETA does, is a stupid publicity stunt done for the sole purpose of making money. They aren't trying to send a message. They aren't stupid enough to believe a dumb flash game will change how you feel about it. All they're trying to do is get you angry enough to tell your friends about it so they'll look it up too and get angry in turn.

PETA is a disgusting and dishonest organization that draws attention away from groups that try to help without a message of hate. Not only are they in full support of (and indeed carry out) the euthanasia of domesticated animals but they are downright opposed to the concept of "pets". Before PETA, their founder was a dog catcher and she was very good at her job, right down to the lethal injections. No, really. I can cite that s*** if need be.

Next time you see some craaaazy thing PETA did, please, just leave it. They're only looking for the attention and they really, really don't deserve it.
Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Next

Return to Mingling