[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Hear out my crazy theory

Hear out my crazy theory

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Hear out my crazy theory

Postby Kai » Mon May 21, 2012 11:58 pm

I know that there was talk about remaking Ruby/Sapphire, and that possibly BW2 would tie into it.

Herein lies my theory;
There are some big things going on in the pokemon world. Pokemon Conquest releases next month and your starter is Eevee, there is a Darkrai event going on, a bitching anime trailer for Black and White 2 came out which oddly, had a Lucario starring as the main character's pokemon?

In the past, the Pokemon center has released plushies corresponding with events, and usually corresponding with the current generation. Zorua and Zoroark came out around the movie time, the three dogs and Celebi around the time those events were going on.

recently, new Pokemon plushies were added to the pokemon center. Darkrai, Eevee, Umbreon, Lucario, Kyogre, Groudon, and Raikou

Darkrai ties into the event. Eevee and Umbreon to Pokemon Conquest. Lucario to BW2. So what, pray tell, brings us Kyogre and Groudon out of the blue? Why now? could it be a tie-in to third gen?

I must admit though, I have no theory for Raikou....
Kai
One-Time Leader

Re: Hear out my crazy theory

Postby Blackfox138 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 am

Except if you look at the EX cards in the current set it's Darkrai, Raikou, Kyogre, Groudon, (Entei And Tornadus too). Couldn't they be trying to tie into theEX cards and maybe a little Conquest as well? (though totally wouldn't mind a little Hoenn in my B2/W2)

http://pokebeach.com/2012/04/dark-explorers-scans
Blackfox138
Two-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Elgaladwen » Wed May 23, 2012 11:18 am

Groudon is the Pokemon with Takeda Shingen, who is a powerful/famous warlord, so that could be why it's got a plushie... (Is there a Mewtwo one? That's who his main rival has.) As far as I know, though, Kyogre hasn't been shown as being with any of the warlords, (Or has it? I may have missed it) So not sure about that.
PPL Prime 2010: One of those Rockets you fought when Giovanni forgot his DS
PPL Prime 2011 E4: Ariana "The Electric Executive"
PPL Prime 2012 Champion: Madame Boss
Elgaladwen
One-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Wed May 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Giovanni » Wed May 23, 2012 11:41 pm

There were Mewtwo plushies once. I saw one a few years back. Every year at the cons now I spend hours fruitless searching the Expo halls for one. Lamentations ensue.
You come at the Nidoking, you best not miss.
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Thu May 24, 2012 11:17 am

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Touko » Fri May 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Well, actually...
Touko

Postby Fremont » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:37 pm

I hope we get some Gen3 remakes! but with B&W2, I'm concerned we may not see it. Unless B&W2 are taking the place of what would have been the assumed 'grey' release and it'll come in another year or so? I loved Hoenn. The secret bases and fighting our friend's teams for XP was the best! Hunting for Latias/Latios, the pokemon selection... the acro and mach bikes? All good stuff.
In Gold/Silver Lance being the champion had him help you with the rockets once, but Steven Stone was all over the place. I'd love to see a HG/SS style improvment of Ruby/Saph with all the features of Emerald.

And seriously Ruby's hat, did he have white hair and a headband or just a bizarre hat?
Fremont

Postby Ktywf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Next

Return to Mingling