[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - A Bit of Baking Help

A Bit of Baking Help

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

A Bit of Baking Help

Postby Touko » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:04 am

In about a month or so, Kai and I will be graduating with our AAs. Now, for the past two years when he graduated something I made him a cake that was Pokemon themed. For his high school graduation I made a three layer sheet cake with the original 8 badges, two Pokeballs and "received high school diploma". For his graduation from massage school I made a Master Ball cake.

This year, I am thinking of doing a Plasma themed cake, but my major problem is the large chunk of black. I really do not want to use fondant, baking gel, or any icing with enough color to make it black. A thought I had was to make it a really dark chocolate, and add a small amount of food coloring to help darken it further. Is there anyone who bakes, or who has ideas?
Well, actually...
Touko

Re: A Bit of Baking Help

Postby Shade » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 am

If you're adding food coloring you don't really need to start with dark chocolate-milk should be fine (unless you want the bitter taste).

I'd say melt the chocolate of your choosing, add some sweetened condensed milk to make it malleable, and add food coloring as needed for color.
E12+P12: Berri, the Master Ranger+Maxie, Champion of the Land (E5)
E13+P13: Berri, the Dragon Ranger+Berri, the Traveling Ranger
E14+P14: Neuro of Aperture Labs+Co-cordinator
E15: Sorra of the Parched Pirates
S16, S17, S18: Peggy Pidgeot, Robin, Osono
Shade
League Coordinator

Postby Touko » Tue May 01, 2012 1:51 am

Actually, I was going more for the taste. Kai prefers dark to milk most of the time, so I tend to go for a darker, richer chocolate.

Thank you for the input. I generally avoid anything but detail work in black for this reason, but he seemed really excited about the whole Plasma thing when talking about it, so I wanted to try :D
Well, actually...
Touko

Postby Kai » Tue May 01, 2012 2:04 pm

Dark chocolate is best chocolate.

[idf6][color=#0000BFdf6]Ktywf[/colordf6] and [color=#0000BFdf6]Heleor[/colordf6] like this post.[/idf6]
Last edited by Kai on Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Ktywf » Tue May 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Tue May 01, 2012 10:43 pm

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Wed May 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Touko » Fri May 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Point in case. XD

In other news, that is a HUGE like button, Heleor!!
Well, actually...
Touko

Return to Mingling