[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Nuzlockes

Nuzlockes

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: Nuzlockes

Postby Kai » Thu May 17, 2012 10:00 am

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby FatherVenom » Thu May 17, 2012 2:59 pm

So I started doing a Nuzlocke on my Diamond... I was quickly reminded why I hated this version of pokemon. The only good thing about it is the fastest bike. 75% water types, 8% ground types. I've seen more Bidoof & Buizels than I care to remember. All the best pokemon are only available after you beat the elite 4. There's only about 20 different pokemon in the first half of the game & most of them have crappy movepools. Hassle to get around the map until you get fly (and then because it's nuzlocke I don't have anyone who can learn it... QQ). I had 5 Bidoofs at one point. 3 gravelers at another. Attempting to replace my ponyta a low level geodude that I was allowed to catch used selfdestruct & took out my meditite. Tomorrow I'm working on getting my Spiritomb which I will immediately grind to 60 on Magikarps, (hope to grab a Gibble) blow through the rest of the game & put it back in the basement where it belongs.
FatherVenom
Two-Time Leader

Postby magfrump » Mon May 21, 2012 11:11 pm

I recently reset my Pearl version for a Nuzlocke; seven badges so far... but my crobat got crit a long time back so I have been playing for 10 hours + without the ability to use fly.

It is the WORST THING.

Especially when I forgot to meet people at the Canalave library and climbed all the way to lake acuity... and then had to go back down, and back up, and back down. Through the fog. Which I also cannot clear.
magfrump

Postby Giovanni » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:21 pm

So, totally not at all considering doing an in-character Nuzlocke challenge, think it might have traction...?
You come at the Nidoking, you best not miss.
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Shade » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:22 pm

You've got the nidorans along viridian, though rhyhorn isn't around until the safari zone. Diglett's available early on too. Depending on what rules you use (only the first on each route), you may end up in trouble though (or one per in each safari area). Maybe an adjusted rule set of only ground/in character pokemon are catchable? So you can at least [iij3]try[/iij3] to catch an onix instead of zubat?
E12+P12: Berri, the Master Ranger+Maxie, Champion of the Land (E5)
E13+P13: Berri, the Dragon Ranger+Berri, the Traveling Ranger
E14+P14: Neuro of Aperture Labs+Co-cordinator
E15: Sorra of the Parched Pirates
S16, S17, S18: Peggy Pidgeot, Robin, Osono
Shade
League Coordinator

Postby SolonCubed » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:03 am

Someday, I will do a Let's Play of a randomizer nuzlocke. I usually stay away from the more aimless games that people LP (such as Minecraft or those biking physics flash games) because they don't have much in the way of critical substance (aside from the community aspect). However, Pokemon has so much critique goo inside of it that I would love to do it and a randomized nuzlocke would be a way to play and engage with Pokemon in a crazy and quirky way while also talking about all of the other main themes of the Pokemon games.

Any suggestions for how to best approach a nuzlocke? Especially a randomized one? Since I'd be filming a Let's Play of it, I'd need to make sure to not spend so much time grinding and possibly more time developing my own narrative of some sort.
SolonCubed
One-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:00 am

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby SolonCubed » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:50 am

SolonCubed
One-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Giovanni » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Deffo montage....

As to bending the rules? Hell naw, unless I make it the Giovanni challenge....maybe. The idea of a pure nuzlocke still appeals to me.
You come at the Nidoking, you best not miss.
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Previous

Return to Mingling