[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - History of the PPL?

History of the PPL?

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: History of the PPL?

Postby Kai » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:16 pm

I was one of the two people who actually got all eight badges, and as soon as I did, you guys changed the reqs to six!

That durn Arms beat me to being the champion!

AAAAAARRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMSSSSS *shakes fist*
Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Gameshark » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:52 am

My team failed to show up... oh how poorly it did :(

The red bandanna we got as identifies is a badge of honour for me. I'll be wearing that along with my scarf.
Gameshark
Three-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:07 am

Prof. Pine

Postby Giovanni » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:22 am

That reminds me, need to make more Rocket Propaganda....

Also, no one will ever let me forget my DS after that day. I thought I made up for it with the Entrance though. The bunch of Rockets come down the Escalator chanting the Team Rocket Motto, you can't say that wasn't cool.
You come at the Nidoking, you best not miss.
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Prof. Pine

Postby Giovanni » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Tshshshsh! They don't need to know that part!
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Fremont » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:49 pm

I realize I may be bumping an old thread, but I just wanted to say I was one of those grunts! That remains one of my favorite PAX stories to date. It was a rush stepping in for Giovanni as a Gym Defender.
I had no idea the PPL had been organized that year until that second or third day when we had that meetup, I'd been carrying my battle-ready team all weekend too.
The following year I had forgotten about it entirely and was kicking myself all Con for not having a battle-ready team (Moving up from Gen4 had lost me some key items, and I hadn't worked for them). However, I'm really excited to challenge the league this year.

I'm a reformed Grunt now, though, somehow, that Giovanni '10 badge still finds its way into my badge case.
Fremont

Postby Kai » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:07 am

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Giovanni » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:15 pm

BACK OFF HIPPY HE'S MINE
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:17 am

Kai
One-Time Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Mingling