[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Shinies?

Shinies?

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: Shinies?

Postby Riestal » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:34 pm

I've got a story about shinies =D

So, imagine my surprise, as a kid who has played since R/B came out and only found his first (Non-Gyarados) shiny in DIAMOND, when I take a few steps into Oreburgh Cave and BAM! Shiny Geodude. Well, surely, I caught it with absolute care. For bragging rights, I showed my brother my golden Geodude, and he immediately flips out. "HOW COME YOU GET A SHINY?! WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?!" I told him where it was, and I laughed as he frantically grabs his DS and starts up his game, running from his current location in Eterna City(he didn't have fly yet) all the way to Oreburgh Cave. He had such a determined look in his eyes, and it only made me laugh, because he honestly thought he was going to get a shiny from going there.

Sure enough. He found the shiny Geodude. ON THE SAME TILE THAT I DID. Same level, same gender, same NATURE. I couldn't believe it, I mean, you have a better chance of winning the lottery than that... Our shiny Golems sit in our boxes to this day, looking pretty and golden =) And they're the same level too!
Riestal
Two-Time Leader

Postby Gingerstik » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:41 pm

That's amazing! Twin golems and shiny too.

First shiny I got was a steelix while level grinding in Plat. The other is the standard shiny zubat. Got it while running through the Ilex forest. Nearly killed it because the thought process went along the lines of- "Oh it's in a forest, that's why it's green-OH GOD CATCH IT CATCH IT."

The dream is to get a shiny umbreon so it can be called TRONbreon. Or a manectric/electivire because I do love them. ;w;

The silliest I think would be getting a shiny gyrados because nobody is going to believe that it isn't from Lake of Rage.
Gingerstik
One-Time Leader

Postby Ktywf » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby Kai » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby eleniel » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:19 am

[url=http://www.cosplay.com/member/224709/rxr]Cosplay Profile[/urlrxr]
eleniel

Postby _Justice_ » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:51 am

I've got three non-event shinies at the moment, all were bred from at least one parent with good IVs: an Adamant Scizor, a Lax Tyranitar, and and an Adamant Rhyperior (with Lightning Rod! WHY!?).
Admin for PPL Unplugged
_Justice_
Two-Time Leader

Postby SandstormS » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 am

E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby _Justice_ » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Admin for PPL Unplugged
_Justice_
Two-Time Leader

Postby PoeticMadnesss » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Black: 0647 5155 3272
Pkmn Breeder
Certified Gold Card Carrier