[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PAX Prime Hotels Recommendations?

PAX Prime Hotels Recommendations?

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

PAX Prime Hotels Recommendations?

Postby Gingerstik » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:44 pm

It's a bit early but it looks like a bunch of us out of towners are going to be chilling at Prime, so I'm wondering if any of you guys had a particularly good hotel experience/location/pricing the works. I think we stayed at the Inn at Virginia Manson the last time and the Red Lion was pretty good too. Looking at the Pax hotel list is helping, but personal experiences are totally more awesome to go by.
Gingerstik
One-Time Leader

Re: PAX Prime Hotels Recommendations?

Postby Reekuza » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Red Lion is amaaazing, I loved that one. Hotel MAX was kind of small though. Seriously felt like a midget hotel.
The Sheraton isn't one of the paired up hotels with PAX I think, but that one was absolutely wonderful as well. Personally I'd choose Red Lion.
[size=85gpi]Friend Code: 4341 2358 2195[/sizegpi]
Reekuza
One-Time Leader

Postby Ktywf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm pretty sure it was the Sheraton that went so far as to let PAX use their ballroom for panels last year, so it would follow that they're partnered with PAX this year as well. And it's also a good hotel.
Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby PeasantDave » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:57 am

I will be staying at the Sheraton. I love being able to run to my room real quick if I forgot something. That said, every hotel listed on the site is close and very nice.

If anyone has any PAX Prime related questions, mention it here or shoot me a PM, as this will be my 5th PAX Prime (7th PAX).
White FC 4126 4727 9402
HG FC 0818 6505 7509
PeasantDave

Postby Elgaladwen » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:01 am

The Sharaton still is paired up with PAX, but many of the Thursday night and Monday night rooms are already sold out, so you might not see it if you are looking at a block of rooms with one of those nights on it.
We reserved Crowne Plaza Hotel for PAX this year. I have never stayed there before, so I'll see how it is.

For SakuraCon this year I am staying at the Seattle Renaissance Hotel. I stayed there once before, too, and it was awesome. I don't think it's paired up with PAX, but I figured I'd give my 2 cents. I also like the Camlin alot, but you have to be a WorldMark member to stay there. (My friend is, but I'm not, so it's only when I am staying with her.) We stayed there a bunch of years in a row for SakuraCon, and the bellhop always would remember us from previous years.

I've stayed in the Hilton a couple of times, it's my favorite for closeness, since there is the underground path to the convention center, but it wasn't amazing or anything as far as the hotel itself goes. (Though not bad either) Same goes for the Roosevelt, stayed there a couple times, it's certainly decent, but not outstanding or anything. (Though I like their restaurant a lot.) I guess the least favorite hotel I have stayed in was the W. It wasn't terrible or anything, just kind of cramped and old. (But if I remember correctly, it was also cheeper.) And we were room-stuffing a bit, so it's just a plus when the room isn't cramped. ;)

All in all, I have never had a bad experience with any of the hotels I have stayed in, there are just the couple that I like slightly better.
PPL Prime 2010: One of those Rockets you fought when Giovanni forgot his DS
PPL Prime 2011 E4: Ariana "The Electric Executive"
PPL Prime 2012 Champion: Madame Boss
Elgaladwen
One-Time Leader

Postby Gingerstik » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Thank you guys so much, you da best! My travel buddy should have more or less her stuff sorted out this weekend so I can relay this information to her.

Pinebark: I used to live outside of seattle for a good 4 years or so, but never got a hang of the bus system ahaha. But it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the routes to get to the convention center. Thank you for the heads up about this info. :> If I need any help, definitely I'll come wiggling over.
Gingerstik
One-Time Leader

Postby Kirogata » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:59 am

WA has a website that you can plan trips(or at least get redirected to the transit that you are looking for's site) via bus/train/etc.
Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby Ktywf » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Google maps has the same functionality if you use the public transit option in the directions. That's what I prefer to use anyway.
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby Kirogata » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby Ktywf » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:22 pm