[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo 3DS

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Nintendo 3DS

Postby Rdr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:38 am

Who here plans on getting one?

I was thinking the other day that the most I'd probably pay for a handheld device would be $230 and it would have to be pretty damn magical.

I believe $200 is the sweet spot for the 3DS.

Although I thought the sweet spot for the Kinect would be $80 and it is $150. :(
Rdr
One-Time Leader

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Postby Heleor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:48 am

I think it's going to be 250 at the minimum, and there will be shortages just like with the Wii. I mean, it's $300 in Japan...
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Rdr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:55 am

I really don't want to spend over $200 for a handheld device.

I thought it was silly that the DS Lite was $119 at launch but the DSi was $169 and is basically the same hardware. Which is why I still have my DS Lite from 2006.

I don't know if the Japan price conversion is the best thing to go on. What were the other prices for the DS Lite and DSi when they hit Japan?
Rdr
One-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:44 am

The DS was launched at $149.99 and 15,000 yen. The DSi launched at $169.99 and 18,900 yen. The Wii launched at $249.99 and 25,000 yen, but launched with a game in the US, and the dollar was stronger than it is now then.

It's likely that either the 3DS will cost $299.99 with a bundled game or two, or cost $249.99 for just the hardware. Either way a lot of people will buy it!
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Rdr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:11 am

Yeah millions will buy it. Hopefully I can see some Gamestop or Bestbuy demos and there's a ton of neat features for it. I am interested in the 3D movies on it and how that might work.

Also need to try it out because I'm nearly blind in my left eye and I want to make sure the effect will work for me with it shooting images to each eye to create the 3D effect.
Rdr
One-Time Leader

Postby Reekuza » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm definitely getting it. I'm sure the 3DS's experience is worth it with B/W.
[size=85gpi]Friend Code: 4341 2358 2195[/sizegpi]
Reekuza
One-Time Leader

Postby Rdr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Rdr
One-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:45 pm

I do wonder how it will work for DS games. Will it extrapolate the 3D? Will it just show it flat?
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Rdr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:58 pm

Rdr
One-Time Leader

Postby Reekuza » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Oh I thought I read somewhere that it will be, but if you choose to play BW on a normal DS it'll show 2D or something. Lol.
[size=85gpi]Friend Code: 4341 2358 2195[/sizegpi]
Reekuza
One-Time Leader

Next

Return to Mingling