[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Sakura-Con

Sakura-Con

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Sakura-Con

Postby Warbane » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:20 pm

With Sakura-Con coming up soon I was just curious who was going, it is held in the Washington state convention center from the 22-24 of April. For any that do plan on attending I was wondering if planing a meet up would fit into peoples schedules. It would give us a chance to get to know each other before PAX and possibly be a good time for some battle practice to test what works and what does not on our teams.
Warbane
One-Time Leader

Re: Sakura-Con

Postby Heleor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm going. There's a Pokemon Tournament that I'm not sure I'm going to be in (level 100 req) and I'm going to be cosplaying for most of it too. Not sure which costumes I'll put on though!
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Ktywf » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm

And just as I logged on to make this post...
I'll be there, will probably be playing lots of Pokemon between lines, but I anticipate being very busy the majority of the convention. It's probably best, or at least for me, to have a meet-up (if any) at an unobtrusive time like Friday morning or Sunday near closing, though some people might want to celebrate Easter. Saturday seems like it would be the least likely to work out.
Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby Elgaladwen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:44 pm

I'll be there all three days! And Thursday! (I'm excited, can you tell?)

If you're cosplaying anything Pokemon-related, there is a photoshoot/meetup Sunday morning at 8am at the fountain outside. I for one, am too lazy to be at the con that early, but we're also having a Team Rocket meetup at 2pm Sunday at the big stone staircase on the 4th floor. You guys are more than welcome to also turn that into the PPL meetup, if you want, since I think at least two of us will be there already. (But if not, that's fine, too!)

I'll be Domino of Team Rocket on Thursday and Sunday. Any other Team Rocket costumes out there? :D The rest of the con I'll be Suzuka from Angelic Layer, Yukari form Paradise Kiss or Kanzeon Bosatsu from Saiyuki. (Got to be a master of disguise to be a good member of Team Rocket, right? Right!) I always wear something Team Rocket-related to the raves, too. >_>

Anyway, I'd definitely love to meet up with you guys there! Badge name is Elgaladwen, feel free to say hi if you do see me! I'll bring my Pokewalker, too, in case anyone is still using those. ;)
PPL Prime 2010: One of those Rockets you fought when Giovanni forgot his DS
PPL Prime 2011 E4: Ariana "The Electric Executive"
PPL Prime 2012 Champion: Madame Boss
Elgaladwen
One-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Also, Dr. Who premieres that Saturday night. There's a party at my place to watch, for those of you that actually want to tear yourself away from the con.
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Giovanni » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 pm

I'll be rocking the majority of the weekend as Giovanni, along with a few rocket cronies running around with me, I'd love to see everyone there. :D
You come at the Nidoking, you best not miss.
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Warbane » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:22 pm

The Pokemon tournament will be on Friday night from 5-7pm in room 309. Current rules are lv.100 on heart gold or soul silver only. I will be their if anyone wants to join or just say hi.
Warbane
One-Time Leader

Postby Giovanni » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 am

I'll come and play if my Paranoia game falls through and the tourney switches to flat battle.

Otherwise, Surprise news!!

I got accepted to the main cosplay chess game for Saturday. Part of this measure is I need a horde of rocket grunts to boss around for the one fight I have, so if any of you have have Team Rocket cosplay, let me know ASAP so that way we can start coordinating! :twisted:
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Postby Elgaladwen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 am

PPL Prime 2010: One of those Rockets you fought when Giovanni forgot his DS
PPL Prime 2011 E4: Ariana "The Electric Executive"
PPL Prime 2012 Champion: Madame Boss
Elgaladwen
One-Time Leader

Postby Giovanni » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:15 am

Any Rocket members should be fine. It's gonna be a pretty quick thing, I just need a bunch. (They specifically requested a "Horde", likely based off of last year's Sunday game. >>;; )

It's gonna be for a fight, and I've got a vision :twisted:
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Next

Return to Mingling