[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - What Are Some Pokemon Ya Just Never See in Competitive Play?

What Are Some Pokemon Ya Just Never See in Competitive Play?

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

What Are Some Pokemon Ya Just Never See in Competitive Play?

Postby wyvernxk7 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:57 am

I mean, more specifically, if I end up being a gym leader next year, what overlooked Pokemon would be fun to see as part of my rotation?
"Team Skull, represent! We can't pay the rent!
Had a lot of fun, but our youth was misspent!"

PPL East '22: Gym Leader Mads Mercury
wyvernxk7

Re: What Are Some Pokemon Ya Just Never See in Competitive P

Postby kirby4life » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Go to smogon and look up anything that's not UBER or OU...
kirby4life

Postby Volaro » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:35 pm

There's Pokemon of all sorts that are super neglected, it really depends on what kind of theme you wanna roll with. I've got a benched Swoobat with Simple / Calm Mind / Stored Power that's pretty fun when it gets rolling. I'd suggest just browsing through a Pokedex and seeing if one leaps out at you though.
Volaro, The Elusive Rose of PPL East 2013
Roberto, The Iron Gentleman of PPL East 2014
Tenta, The Turf-Trouncing Trainer of PPL East 2016
Roberto, The Fey-Fond Prince of PPL East 2017
Volaro
One-Time Leader

Postby GardeBlaze » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:20 pm

It really all depends on what you want to do theme wise. Some that you could use are: Dunsparce the ever popular underdog, Castform who is weak but fun on weather teams, all three Johto starters which seem to be neglected some these days despite their potential, Delphox who's cursed to live in the shadow of Greninja, and Flygon who has been outclassed since gen IV.
PAX South 2016: 8 badges, and 4 emblems, but lost to the champion.
PAX South 2017: Sam, the Tricky Desert Terror
PAX South 2018: Captain Invincible, The invincible master of invincibility!
GardeBlaze

Postby wyvernxk7 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:06 am

"Team Skull, represent! We can't pay the rent!
Had a lot of fun, but our youth was misspent!"

PPL East '22: Gym Leader Mads Mercury
wyvernxk7

Postby NolaGranola » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:45 pm

One I never see is Luxray. And i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Shinx!
NolaGranola

Postby Queen Snow Black » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:42 am

Empoleon!!!! One of my most favorite!!!! Luckily Mega Lopunny gets a tiny bit of love! :3
Queen Snow Black

Postby Powalen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:08 pm

My first year as leader I ran a Focus Sash Butterfree on my Triples Bug-type team. It was funny because everybody would aim to get the two big threats out first, leaving little Butterfree to set up Quiver Dances/Tailwinds/Sleep Powders :P That thing did some [b861][i861]work[/i861][/b861].
[size=85t8i][url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2014/10/leader-priam-leader-of-the-swarm/t8i]2014 PPL Aus Leader[/urlt8i]
[url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2015/10/windsor-the-aerobatic-aviator/t8i]2015 PPL Aus Leader[/urlt8i]
[bt8i]NNID:[/bt8i] Powalen [bt8i]Twitter:[/bt8i] @PowalenAU[/sizet8i]
Powalen

Postby Serena » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:21 am

Vi - Water - PAX East 2016
Vi - Electric - PAX West 2016
Serena - Fire - PAX East 2017
Serena - Flying - PAX South 2018
Serena - Grass - PAX East 2018
Serena - Flying - PAX South 2019
Serena

Postby Bluefreeze » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:27 am

Stoutland!!
I love my fluffy boi. I have a set for him somewhere, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.
[imgtrd]http://i.imgur.com/7gpxdr9.gif[/imgtrd]
E15 - 8 Badges, 4 E7 Emblems - Hall of Fame Entrant
P15 - Talia
S16 - Delila
E16 - Professor Larch
S17 - Alanna
E17 - Celeste
Bluefreeze

Return to Mingling