Pokemon Sun And Moon??

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: Pokemon Sun And Moon??

Postby kirby4life » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:12 pm

So, theres a rumor going around about this next gen having 0 gym leaders... Will PPL follow and have tribal quest instead??
kirby4life

Postby Volucris » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:21 pm

I feel like it's basically a different name for the same thing. Different layout (4 of these peeps as opposed to 8 gyms), which is cool, but they're going to be noteworthy trainers with a type based theme. Call it what you want, due to nostalgia I'll probably be in favor of just staying a gym leader. That's how I roll :D
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Postby kirby4life » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:06 am

Would be fun to mix things up don't you think?? If we created challenges to would-be-champions instead of just "beat my team". Like beat my 4x weakness pokemons without using supper effective moves, or triple battles without using AOE moves, or battle using pokemons that have no evolution lines. That type of stuff.
kirby4life

Postby Volucris » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:07 am

We had a thought actually about implementing special challenges like that this year, just as an extra challenge with an extra shiny badge. The whole idea of the PPL is Pokemon battles, making extra challenges a requirement would likely just get on challengers nerves. Battling as we have it now is simple and creative with sets and teams and such, and if we wanna spice it up with extra rules as optional achievements, well these ideas are already floating around.
I don't think we need the idea of a new gym system in game to prompt us into creative additions to the league, it's something we do as is.
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Postby Deimir » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:32 am

That leaked Salandit evolution. I must has it!
Deimir

Previous

Return to Mingling