[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Pokemon Go

Pokemon Go

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: Pokemon Go

Postby Jerichai » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:30 pm

I can see this really going both ways honestly.

I think it will really depend on how much community interaction they allow. What if they allowed certain players to register a gym in their region? I feel like the community could do a lot of awesome things with it if they're allowed to.

It would also be cool if the Pokemon you could find were dependent on your part of the world. It could make trading and collecting an international experience. Also, it would be cool if the Pokemon made sense for the environment.
Jerichai

Postby Erkenhelm » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:02 pm

East '15 - Leader Erkenhelm the Silver Dragon
Prime '15 - Champion Triple H the Authority
East '16 - E8 Erkenhelm the Twitch Streamer
West '16 - Erkenhelm the Grand Duke of Kalos
East '17 - Commander Shepard the First Human Spectre
Erkenhelm

Postby Volaro » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:59 am

I'm curious to see more and whether or not we'd be able to tie something like this neatly enough into the PPL.

Like, challenging someone to a battle on phone or 3DS. (Assuming we're able to battle/ trains mons somehow on Go)
Volaro, The Elusive Rose of PPL East 2013
Roberto, The Iron Gentleman of PPL East 2014
Tenta, The Turf-Trouncing Trainer of PPL East 2016
Roberto, The Fey-Fond Prince of PPL East 2017
Volaro
One-Time Leader

Postby Jeffolas » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:13 pm

The potential may certainly be there for a side event or the like, and that would be phenomenal if the software permits.

That aside, I am so psyched for this, all of my friends are psyched for this. The only part that terrifies me is I am going to open Pokemon Go and the next thing I know--after breaking out of my Pokemon-capturing stupor--I am on the other side of town miles away from home.

That said, bring it on!
~PPL HoF Entrant~
('12) ('16)

~PPL East Gym Leader~
Riley - The Aura Guardian ('13)
Isaac Adler - The Golfing Prodigy ('14)
Kenneth & Kathleen - Contest Coordinators ('15)
Glenn Waylon - The Intrepid Geologist ('17)
Isaac - The Warrior of Vale ('18)
Jeffolas
One-Time Leader

Postby ndoto » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:42 am

I'm bumping this topic now that we know more details about the game itself and its ongoing field/beta testing! I know at least one person who's gotten into the field test so far, although the NDA prevents them from discussing it of course. Despite being a dedicated Ingress player, I've not received an invite to the field test myself (yet).

The game will prompt you to join one of the colored teams upon signup, similar to Ingress, and we get to choose between Blue, Red, or Yellow (and I love the callback to the original trio of games). What team do you think you'll be joining, and why? Are you going to try to make sure you're on the same team as your friends? Or do you have a sworn rival that you're looking forward to challenging from an opposing team?

Ingress has a whole alternate-reality backstory behind their two teams, and that strongly influenced my decision on which team to join - but I don't know if Pokémon Go will have any kind of lore or story to impact that decision this time around, or if your starter Pokémon is different depending on which team you join. Assuming no such factors are involved, I'm personally leaning toward the Blue team, being the Ice-type leader that I am!
ndoto

Postby E-Lo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:49 am

This NDA preventing us from talking about the finer details is really unfortunate, I have been playing it religiously for the past three days and I think I can safely say that it lives up to the hype 100%. It's a little buggy right now as expected, but I have been walking home every day instead of taking the bus and I even started wearing tennis shoes to ensure my feet wouldn't get tired - it's that good. Be warned though, it is a battery MURDERER. I leave work with a full charge and come home with 15%, which is why I started carrying an external battery and another OEM battery fully charged as well.
Prime 2013/West 2016: Travis Touchdown (E6)
Prime 2015: Auden (E6)
West 2017: Joker [P5] (champ)
Prime 2014/West 2018: Thomas Roe (E6)
West 2019: Rider
E-Lo
Four-Time Leader

Postby johann82 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:47 pm

One of my mates is currently Doing field testing. He used to play ingress a lot, and while he can't discuss details he does say it's not as good as he thought it would be. Which seems to be the general consensus atm that some people love it and some don't.

So yeh just set the hype bar something reasonable just in case it isn't your cup of tea on release.
Friend Code X/Y: 3110-4117-3582
johann82

Postby noreko » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:08 am

I've been playing Pokemon Go as a beta tester for about 2 weeks now and I think it can be fun, but it's not spectacular (at least to me). It's pretty much what I expected. I'm only playing it when I'm walking around to do errands or something so it's fun to play casually, but I think it can be as competitive as you want it to be just like the main series Pokemon games. I will say that it does make me want to walk more instead of drive just so I can take a chance at what I will find. I have been surprised plenty of times.
noreko

Postby E-Lo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Prime 2013/West 2016: Travis Touchdown (E6)
Prime 2015: Auden (E6)
West 2017: Joker [P5] (champ)
Prime 2014/West 2018: Thomas Roe (E6)
West 2019: Rider
E-Lo
Four-Time Leader

Postby kirby4life » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:37 pm

All I really want to know is: Can we transfer stuff to the main games and is there exclusives?? Like HA mons or better shiny encounter rate.
kirby4life

PreviousNext

Return to Mingling