[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Eggs for Earthquake Relief

Eggs for Earthquake Relief

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Eggs for Earthquake Relief

Postby Morganstern » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:33 am

How about we use our breeding skills to help some people out:

We could set up a [url=http://www.chipin.com/fbe]Chip In[/urlfbe], then post an offer on the Penny Arcade forums to come up with any species of Pokemon egg for a $2 donation to Japanese Earthquake Relief. I'm pretty sure that all of us together would have no problem filling requests.

Any interest?
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Re: Eggs for Earthquake Relief

Postby Aurethious » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 am

If this gets set up, I'd be willing to contribute my service. I can get anything breedable pre-G5 for sure.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 am

This is a very ingenious idea. If it wasn't for finals this week, I'd be able to contribute eggs...
Prof. Pine

Postby Ktywf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:43 pm

That's brilliant! You can count me in!
Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:22 am

Ok, here's how I think this is going to work:

I'll post over on the PA forums having people donate to the Chip In, then send an email (to eggsforearthquakerelief@gmail.com) with their request and B/W friend code. Then I'll post the requests here and people can volunteer to fill them. Breeders can make the egg and arrange a swap time over the PA forum private message system.

For the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with it, here a quick and dirty egg making guide:

1. Get your hands on a [url=http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dittoqte]Ditto[/urlqte] (I can get you one if you're having trouble)
2. Place the Ditto and the Pokemon you want to make an egg of in the [url=http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Day_Careqte]Day Care Center[/urlqte]
3. Drive around on your bike for a while.
4. Check in with the Man in front of the Day Care. He may have an egg! (If not, ride around some more)

Sound good?
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby Aurethious » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 am

Sounds good. My only suggestion would be maybe to not limit it to B/W. There is a chance someone who doesn't have B/W yet might want something. I know personally I'm still plodding through them and haven't transferred any of my old Pokemon yet. I would certainly be able to handle any requests for G4 games.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Morganstern » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 am

So noted.
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby Shade » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:18 am

I'd love to help. And if anyone wants dittos for nature breeding...I've got a box and a half of the buggers. I can do most requests for G4 and previous, including egg move oddities.
E12+P12: Berri, the Master Ranger+Maxie, Champion of the Land (E5)
E13+P13: Berri, the Dragon Ranger+Berri, the Traveling Ranger
E14+P14: Neuro of Aperture Labs+Co-cordinator
E15: Sorra of the Parched Pirates
S16, S17, S18: Peggy Pidgeot, Robin, Osono
Shade
League Coordinator

Postby Morganstern » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Can I get an OK from one of the organizers to attach the PPL name to this for promotional purposes?
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:12 pm

I'm a bit too swamped to handle things right now, but you have my blessings.
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Next

Return to Mingling