[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Pokemon VGC/TCG World Championships 2015 in Boston!

Pokemon VGC/TCG World Championships 2015 in Boston!

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Pokemon VGC/TCG World Championships 2015 in Boston!

Postby Fraxure » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:36 pm

I know we've got a fair few Boston residents here since this is partially a PAX East board - just wanted to let everyone know (if you didn't already) that this year's Pokemon Worlds are in Boston in just a few weeks! It's August 21-23 at the Hynes Convention Center

[url=http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/announcing-the-2015-pokemon-world-championships/3ar]Announcing the 2015 Pokemon World Championships[/url3ar] | [url=http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/pokemon-tournaments/vg-world-championships/3ar]VG FAQ[/url3ar] | [url=http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/pokemon-tournaments/tcg-world-championships/3ar]TCG FAQ[/url3ar]

Even if you're not competing, you can still attend to "compete in side events, watch the main event, or participate in other great activities," including the [url=http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2015/boston-open/3ar]Boston Open[/url3ar], a side event replacing the Last Chance Qualifier. "Anyone can play in the Boston Open, but demand will be high and space is limited. Players must register on site to participate in the competition. Registration will be available from 9:30–10:30 a.m. Saturday for the video game event, and 7–8 p.m. Friday and 8:30–9 a.m. Saturday for the TCG event."

I'm definitely interested in doing this, and I'm pretty sure it's free to go as a spectator. Anyone else planning to go?
[br2i]Fraxure[/br2i] • "I'd tell you to buy a clue but you don't have enough cents."
3DS Friend Code: 0104-0326-9138 (Equinox)
Fraxure

Re: Pokemon VGC/TCG World Championships 2015 in Boston!

Postby Katrinaface » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:52 pm

I'll be there just to hang out and spectate!
[color=#8000FFn6l][size=85n6l]PAX East 2015 Gym Leader!
Art person.[/sizen6l][/colorn6l]
Katrinaface

Postby Lv3Bidoof » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:01 pm

I'll absolutely be there. Not sure if I'll be playing in the main event (all depends on how early my group wants to get up) but I'd never pass up a chance to mingle, and play, with the best of the best.
Imakuni?, the Strange Life Form (Psychic) - East 2014
Will of the Storytelling Duo (Fairy) - East 2015
Kai the Motivational Cheer Captain (Oricorio) - East 2017
Seto Kaiba, the Dragon Duelist - Unplugged 2017
Rob, the Jade Archer - Unplugged 2018
Lv3Bidoof

Postby Aurethious » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:58 am

I shall be there on Sunday with a few of the guys from my league. I might be wearing my football jersey from East this year, so feel free to stop me and say hi if you see me.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Fraxure » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:41 pm

If anyone's interested in meeting up with a gang of people, I've organized a Meetup on the Boston Social Nerds page:

[url=http://www.meetup.com/Boston-Social-Nerd-Culture/events/224461704/xvg]Pokemon VG/TCG World Championships in Boston (Aug 21-23)[/urlxvg]
[br2i]Fraxure[/br2i] • "I'd tell you to buy a clue but you don't have enough cents."
3DS Friend Code: 0104-0326-9138 (Equinox)
Fraxure

Return to Mingling