[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Friend Safari?

Friend Safari?

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Friend Safari?

Postby Bluefreeze » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:42 am

I understand that everyone is playing ORAS these days, but a feature I miss dearly from X/Y (besides the roller skates) was the friend safari. Does anyone else miss it? Does anyone think it will be back in future games?
[imgtrd]http://i.imgur.com/7gpxdr9.gif[/imgtrd]
E15 - 8 Badges, 4 E7 Emblems - Hall of Fame Entrant
P15 - Talia
S16 - Delila
E16 - Professor Larch
S17 - Alanna
E17 - Celeste
Bluefreeze

Re: Friend Safari?

Postby Jerichai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm not sure. The DexNav seems to cover a lot of the desirable benefits of the friend safaris, like getting hidden abilities and Pokemon with 31 IVs. Assuming they keep the DexNav (which I hope they do), I suspect the Safaris will only be there to provide access to more uncommon Pokemon in whatever region we're going to.
Jerichai

Postby Bluefreeze » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:20 pm

This is all true. However, something that I liked about the Friend Safari was the common level of 30. It made it a prime place to go and grind from time to time. The DexNav, while it accomplishes the aforementioned features, can accommodate a large variety of levels, and while this isn't necessarily a BAD thing, it's good to have the consistency that the Friend Safari had. This is all just my opinion though.
P15 - Talia
S16 - Delila
E16 - Professor Larch
S17 - Alanna
E17 - Celeste
Bluefreeze

Postby Volaro » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:11 am

Game Freak seems to love leaving each game its own little thing. Secret Bases, Gen 4's Underground, Pokemon following you around in HG/SS. I'll be surprised if we get either the DexNav or the Friend Safari in Gen 7. I just hope that we get to keep trainer customization and that won't be another great feature left behind.
Volaro, The Elusive Rose of PPL East 2013
Roberto, The Iron Gentleman of PPL East 2014
Tenta, The Turf-Trouncing Trainer of PPL East 2016
Roberto, The Fey-Fond Prince of PPL East 2017
Volaro
One-Time Leader

Postby Aurethious » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:22 am

Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Bluefreeze » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Absolutely. I missed trainer customization in ORAS, as I'm sure many of us did.

Did any of you guys use the Underground?
P15 - Talia
S16 - Delila
E16 - Professor Larch
S17 - Alanna
E17 - Celeste
Bluefreeze

Postby Volaro » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Gen 4 was just when I was starting to get back into Pokemon (I had mostly skipped Gen 3 because high school and one of the main reasons I didn't gel with the remakes I imagine) so I had no one to fool around with down there. So not really. Neat concept though. I think a remake would suit the Underground, polish up its quirks, much like Secret Bases were.
Volaro, The Elusive Rose of PPL East 2013
Roberto, The Iron Gentleman of PPL East 2014
Tenta, The Turf-Trouncing Trainer of PPL East 2016
Roberto, The Fey-Fond Prince of PPL East 2017
Volaro
One-Time Leader

Postby NovaCascade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:58 pm

I loved the Underground, even though I could never get my DS to connect to the internet back then. I'd be down there for hours digging for shards and evo stones. Never really bothered with the spheres once I realised they were next to pointless if you didn't have anyone visiting your base
Aus 2014 - Challenger - Hall of Fame
Aus 2015 - Aspen the Exiled Snake Charmer
Aus 2017 - Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Aus 2018 - Eclipse, The Wandering Mystic
Aus 2019 - Velka, Lord of Souls

Coach of the -
[img6wn]http://i.imgur.com/JEVxKq5.png[/img6wn]
NovaCascade

Return to Mingling