[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Introduce yourselves!

Introduce yourselves!

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: Introduce yourselves!

Postby Reekuza » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Lol, Ginger. That is certainly what it would be like.
[size=85gpi]Friend Code: 4341 2358 2195[/sizegpi]
Reekuza
One-Time Leader

Postby Gingerstik » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Gingerstik
One-Time Leader

Postby Kirogata » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Yeah, I mean, smogen was great as a start, and then I went, "Lol at your builds! UU/BL my ass~!"

When it comes down to it, it's all about synergy. more than two weak to the same thing is iffy, covers are great. Traps are almost a must.

I advise picking two or three pokemon, and then building your team from there.

I started out with Scizor, Umbreon, Blaziken, Raikou, Lucario, and Gallade, and with testing, Replace Lucario and Gallade with Nidoking and Glicsor. Swaped some moves around, tested a few builds and ev spreads, and bam, glorious, glrious synergy.

EDIT: totes got way off topic. /carriedaway
Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby Elgaladwen » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:21 pm

I am rather late to the forums and this thread, but better late than never. Or something like that! I'm Tia, though I go by Elgaladwen just about everywhere on the internet. (Including the PA forums) I am a regular PAX Prime attendee, and was there last year cosplaying Rocket Executive Ariana. (And Rose from Street Fighter, but it was more fun trying to con people out of badges as a member of Team Rocket.) I have yet to make it to PAX East, but one of these years I'd love to go!
My hobbies include cosplay, spending too much time studying Team Rocket, and reading. I also enjoy the Dynasty Warriors games and Star Trek quite a bit. I have a degree in computer programming, (specifically web-based applications) but I've not used it for anything, unless you count database and website maintenance in the small tea shop I work in. (But I love my job too much to change that.) I also attend SakuraCon and Emerald City Comicon in Seattle, and while I don't love them quite as much as PAX, they are still very awesome.

So that's me in a nutshell. I look forward very much to being a part of the PPL this year at Prime, meeting those of you I don't know yet, and hanging out with those I do!
PPL Prime 2010: One of those Rockets you fought when Giovanni forgot his DS
PPL Prime 2011 E4: Ariana "The Electric Executive"
PPL Prime 2012 Champion: Madame Boss
Elgaladwen
One-Time Leader

Postby Reekuza » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:16 am

Oooh, I remember seeing you last year at pax. :> Your cosplay outfit was rather neat.
[size=85gpi]Friend Code: 4341 2358 2195[/sizegpi]
Reekuza
One-Time Leader

Postby Elgaladwen » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 am

PPL Prime 2010: One of those Rockets you fought when Giovanni forgot his DS
PPL Prime 2011 E4: Ariana "The Electric Executive"
PPL Prime 2012 Champion: Madame Boss
Elgaladwen
One-Time Leader

Postby YukinaKipling » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Last edited by YukinaKipling on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
YukinaKipling

Postby PaxHiker » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Hey I'm Bill aka Hiker Bill!
I was a challenger at PAX Prime 2010 and had a great time. I then volunteered to be a gym leader for PAX East 2011 and had an awesome time!
I choose to be the Hiker Gym leader since I thought I looked like the hiker with my beard. I really like that it is a non-monotype gym but pretty much everyone knows what the Hiker is going to have. PAX East was my first experience with cosplay and it was a lot of fun when people asked for my picture.
I can't wait for PAX Prime 2011 and to bring back the Hiker Gym.
[urlz2b]http://twitter.com/PokemonHiker[/urlz2b]
NNID: AggieBill
3DS: 4983-5854-9276
IGN X: Bill
IGN Y: Andy
PaxHiker
Two-Time Leader

Postby Kirogata » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:55 am

Kirogata/Lane/Leather/Gary M'fing Oak
Kirogata
One-Time Leader

Postby feitocomfruta » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Hey guys!

My name is Tim, and I go by either feitocomfruta or tak197 online. I didn't play the Pokemanz at East, but I was that annoying person at your post-PAX meetup shilling out cookies from the Brigade, as well as pestering my roomie Alex, aka Propriety. I decided to join up because you looked like you had so much fun at that meetup alone, as well as the times I saw Alex battling challengers, that I would risk having no more social life outside of work, PAX and my computer, and I bought Pokemon Affirmative Actio... I mean Black (I blame Yahtzee and PA for the "Pokemon: Race Relations edition" joke being stuck in my head :P). So it's official, at age 25, I'm on the bandwagon that most people jumped on back around 1996. Talk about behind the friggin times!

Anyway, I am from the Poconos, Pennsylvania, I work in retail, and in my spare time, I am an a cappella musician, novice YouTuber, and ballroom dancer. I'd like to be able to turn the ballroom thing into a job as well, but who knows. I hope that sometime soon, as long as I don't forget about this forum, I can hear from more of you, get some trainer tips, and perhaps gain some new friends.
[imgavz]http://forums.penny-arcade.com/image.php?u=47292&type=sigpic&dateline=1291239278[/imgavz]
feitocomfruta

PreviousNext

Return to Mingling