[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Introduce yourselves!

Introduce yourselves!

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: Introduce yourselves!

Postby Kaladin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Hello there. I'm Kaladin. I've been watching the goings on (from online) the last couple years. East this coming year is going to be the first PAX I'll be able to make it to, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get involved with the PPL.
Kaladin

Postby Propriety » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:16 pm

See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby Kaladin » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:12 am

So Generation 6 is a definite then? And if the Gym Leader application go out before then are we allowed to change our team lineup once X and Y come out?
Kaladin

Postby Shrain » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:37 am

Your team doesn't need to be final during the sign-up period - as a matter of fact - you may tweek it even as the final weeks to PAX draw near. Don't worry about having the EV/IVs all planned, the movesets, all that jazz. Just come in with a brilliant idea with a clear direction you're taking it, and you can change it up accordingly - later on.
My PPL résumé[spoiler8d5]I played Barry during PAX East of '12,
the Fossil Fiend during PAX Prime of '12,
Sir Ivan North of PAX East '13,
Impostor Professor Oak of PAX East '14,
Robert Lutece of PAX East '15,
and Guzma of PAX East '17![/spoiler8d5]
An admin of Unplugged '17
Shrain
Three-Time Leader

Postby Kaladin » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:57 am

Ok, thanks. I've got that much planned out already, I was just worried about getting locked in to a team before X and Y was even out.
Kaladin

Postby Propriety » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm

We wouldn't make you do that! :lol: After all, not everyone can be lucky enough to be a Psychic type gym leader so they can use Future Sight... ;)

Gym leaders end up changing and tweaking their teams all the way up until the day before PAX! All we ask is that you have some idea of what you want your gym leader to be, and show that you've put some thought into it! If X&Y throws a wrench in your plans for some reason, you'll be able to adjust to work it out.
See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby CoanArcanius » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm Coan, aka Coan Arcanius, aka Conan.

I've been playing Pokemon since gen 1, played some gen 2, skipped 3, got back into it hard with 4 and working again to try and catch em all (was so close in pearl...490/493 :() Unlike the other old folks who started with gen 1, I'm ok with all generations, even that misfit gen in the middle that I played through after completing gen 4.

As for PPL, I participated last year and it was a blast, didn't quite get my 8 badges, but, such is trying to juggle EVERYTHING with my first pax.

For PA, I've been a part of the community for the most part over almost 15 years, so I'm pretty stoked to have things in line to goto East these days and meet friends I've only known online or have met before with other PA events (like the pre-cursor to PAX, NecrowombiCON).

Stoked to be participating in ppl east 2014 (possibly as a leader) and seeing what X/Y keeps bringing for surprises.
3ds FC: 0920-0709-7291
CoanArcanius

Postby Spm517 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey there! I'm Seth, or Spm517, and I'm new to the forums. I'm just posting this in order to say hi to everyone else on the forums and get a feel for the PAX community. It will be my first year attending PAX this year so I'm pretty excited! :D
Spm517

Postby Erkenhelm » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Erkenhelm. I battled in the PPL at PAX East this year and decided to sign up for these forums in anticipation of the next PAX East. PPL was one of the highlights of my last PAX so I can't wait to battle in X/Y.
East '15 - Leader Erkenhelm the Silver Dragon
Prime '15 - Champion Triple H the Authority
East '16 - E8 Erkenhelm the Twitch Streamer
West '16 - Erkenhelm the Grand Duke of Kalos
East '17 - Commander Shepard the First Human Spectre
Erkenhelm

Postby Volaro » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Welcome to the forums~ Glad to hear you're looking forward to PPL East2014, there's lot of good stuff planned so its sure to be a good year!
Volaro, The Elusive Rose of PPL East 2013
Roberto, The Iron Gentleman of PPL East 2014
Tenta, The Turf-Trouncing Trainer of PPL East 2016
Roberto, The Fey-Fond Prince of PPL East 2017
Volaro
One-Time Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Mingling