[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Introduce yourselves!

Introduce yourselves!

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: Introduce yourselves!

Postby Aurethious » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:10 am

Ok, so this is my second attempt at this, since I guess the first time, I was confused for a spammer, so I'll keep it brief. My name is Al. I'll be attending PAX East all 3 days. This is going to be my first PAX experience, or any convention experience for that matter. I got interested in the PAX Pokemon League after reading the thread on the PAX forum and especially because the emphasis seemed to be on fun more than competition. I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting up with some of you guys in a few weeks.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Xerlith » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:37 am

Hi, my name's Paul.

[i3jq]Hi, Paul.[/i3jq]

I'm a freshman in college in St. Louis, MO. I've been playing Pokemon since the old days, but was turning into one of those codgers who hates everything past a certain generation (I couldn't stick to just 1 and 2, since 3 was so fun, but 4 wasn't quite my type, so I was getting ready to hate it) until I discovered competitive Pokemon. I won't say I'm much good (except in Blue Version, in which I'll give you a run for your money), but I've come to appreciate the new depth of the Pokemon games, which I never noticed before. PAX East will be my first PAX, and also my first convention of any kind, so I'm looking forward to it. I recently ordered Ash's hat from Ebay, but there's no telling if it will get here in time, since it's shipping from Japan. Odds are, my convention clothes will just be jeans and a T-shirt. With as many badges pinned on as I can wrest from the hands of Leaders. Don't get me wrong, I play for fun. But since this is my first tournament, and I've never even heard of a League, I think it'd be fun to [i3jq]win.[/i3jq]
SoulSilver: 1721 2220 0617
Black: 1721 2788 2039
Xerlith

Postby Kyndle » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm Chelsie, aka Kyndle.

I live outside of Boston and this is my 2nd time going to PAX East. I major in Game Design. I am sad that there is only one female gym leader in the PPL :( My boyfriend and I were trying to come up with ways to cosplay trainers but we don't have much time and we're broke, so there goes that I suppose. I don't expect to get to the Elite Four but getting even a few badges that I can show off is enough for me. My favorite types are Electric and Dragon.
Kyndle

Postby Kopaka » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:42 pm

[size=705r6]
[b5r6]PAX East 2011: [/b5r6]3 leader badges
[b5r6]PAX East 2012: [/b5r6]9 leader badges
Reach beyond the door.
[/size5r6]
Kopaka

Postby Kyndle » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Kyndle

Postby spaceman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:02 pm

My name is Joe and I've played Pokemon since it first came out back in the day. I usually go by the name Spaceman or The_Spaceman. This year is going to be my second PAX East. I am excited to participate in the PPL East version. I am madly trying to train my team up to 50 as I got SS at PAX Last year and didn't play it much after that. I am almost there :) . I am also trying to get a friend of mine to play in the league as well. I am very excited to go to PAX East this year!
spaceman

Postby RocketGruntFro » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Howdy,
Name's Geoff, I'm a media Arts major who is currently trying to decide whether or not to go back to college for a bit. Just found out about this on reddit and have put together some pokes that might be able to earn me some badges. this will be my second pax east and I am Looking forward to trying my hand at the league. As luck would have it I was already planning on showing up in a rocket grunt costume.
Nick Diamond (Fighting) East 2012
Karl Howard (Egyptian) Prime 2012
Maxwell Graves (Ghost) East 2013
"Professor Birch" (Ghost) East 2014
Joshua Eldridge (Relics) East 2016
Maurice (Mimics) East 2017
Maxwell Graves (Marshadow) Unplugged 2017
RocketGruntFro
Three-Time Leader

Postby MarineElf » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi there! My name's TJ and I'm from Philadelphia, studying computer science. This will my first time going to PAX and I'm was so psyched when Propriety told me about the league event. I'll be dressing up as Ash for the convention :D
HG FC: 0303 8515 8504
MarineElf

Postby CommodoreSkippy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 am

Hallo! Sean from New York. Also the Professor Oak tossing about free Oshawotts like they were falling from the sky at PAX East. I've been playing/following Pokemon since it's existence here in the states. Sometimes I like to personally hold the responsibility for its sweeping popularity in my school. I don't recall how, but I found out about Pokemon WAAAY early and got myself a copy of some weird, completely innacurate, low-budget American made promotional VHS tape. Of course, the young and impressionable boy I was saw none of that and instead only "OMG POKEYMANS IS THE BEST!"

While Bulbasaur may be my favorite pokemon, I am a die hard fan of the Ghost type. My face after seeing all the beautiful new ghosts in B/W... priceless.
CommodoreSkippy
One-Time Leader

Postby FoggyKnight » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:29 pm

How did I miss this thread?

My name's Kristen. I am from New Hampshire. I was the gal at PAX East with the Jolteon/Eevee on my head. I enjoyed the gym leader fights, and thanks for explaining what Sinnou pokemon were and what they were doing, as I had never seen some of them before. Pain Train arg. :lol: You lot have twisted minds to come up with that stuff.

I like dragons, and I am planning to make some kind of dragon costume next year. Maybe a Dratini or Dragonair scarf if I get ambitious.
Friend Code: 3482 1407 1896 (Foggy) Updated 3/4/11 to correct code.
FoggyKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Mingling