[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - East 2014 Vs. Recorder Replays

East 2014 Vs. Recorder Replays

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

East 2014 Vs. Recorder Replays

Postby Erkenhelm » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:27 pm

With Pokemon X and Y came an upgrade to the Vs. Recorder. Since we're now able to save up to 100 of our favorite battles and upload them for all to see, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can post the codes to some of the best from this past weekend. Got a really close battle that will have us on the edge of our seats? How about a really good showing by one of your favorite Pokemon? Post the code so we can all enjoy it.

Figured I would get us started with one of my own. Here's my battle against Lysandre: PM9G-WWWW-WWW6-Q26L.
East '15 - Leader Erkenhelm the Silver Dragon
Prime '15 - Champion Triple H the Authority
East '16 - E8 Erkenhelm the Twitch Streamer
West '16 - Erkenhelm the Grand Duke of Kalos
East '17 - Commander Shepard the First Human Spectre
Erkenhelm

Re: East 2014 Vs. Recorder Replays

Postby Propriety » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:30 am

This is a really good idea! I just wish there were a way to watch the replays online too. :(

I didn't battle much this weekend (too busy administrating!) but I should have saved the few champion battles I did. I know at least one was really fantastic. :D
See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby SandstormS » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:28 am

E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby Volaro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 am

Wait, we could save up to 100 battles? Aghhh.... I wish I saved all of my fights. I still thought it was just one for whatever reason.
Volaro, The Elusive Rose of PPL East 2013
Roberto, The Iron Gentleman of PPL East 2014
Tenta, The Turf-Trouncing Trainer of PPL East 2016
Roberto, The Fey-Fond Prince of PPL East 2017
Volaro
One-Time Leader

Postby Erkenhelm » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:12 am

It got a big upgrade this gen. so its much more useful. I cleared mine out so I had room for all of my battles so I could save them and watch whenever I want. They were all so good and definitely worth reliving once in a while.

You can also do mock battles where you take over the place of the person who uploaded the replay and the opponent is a computer. Not exactly the same as facing the actual person but its a way to check move sets and test damage.
Erkenhelm

Postby Jeffolas » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:43 pm

~PPL HoF Entrant~
('12) ('16)

~PPL East Gym Leader~
Riley - The Aura Guardian ('13)
Isaac Adler - The Golfing Prodigy ('14)
Kenneth & Kathleen - Contest Coordinators ('15)
Glenn Waylon - The Intrepid Geologist ('17)
Isaac - The Warrior of Vale ('18)
Jeffolas
One-Time Leader

Postby ahscott » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:35 pm

AbdallahSmash026, a ppl challenger [urlkzg]https://www.youtube.com/user/AbdallahSmash026[/urlkzg], does let's plays and even featuring the league in a recent video with his battle with Olivier taking center stage. GO!! SNORLAX GO!! [urlkzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqpRG-uwm4g[/urlkzg]
yeah i love the new new vs recorder, i've been saving all my ppl battles so i can mock battle/rewatch later
PPL east admin
[url=https://www.twitch.tv/ah_scottmyb]follow me on twitch[/urlmyb]
ahscott

Postby Shellshockprime » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Here is an awesome (yet, tough) battle I've had at PAX East. I faced against the Gym leaders Stacy and Sara in a Multi-Battle with a cool guy who went by Bongsquad420.

6N7W-WWWW-WWW6-R6GH
I was the one who traded 6 IV Dittos to people at PAX East! I spoke at the Pokemon Trainer Seminar!
http://twitter.com/shellshock929
Shellshockprime

Postby MattDarling » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

I didn't capture as many battles as I would have liked, because I also thought you were limited to one video at a time. Still, I got three of my favourite battles from the weekend:

Vs Toph A Snails: N4CW-WWWW-WWW6-RGVX
[spoilerg4w]Prior to this battle, my Machamp had four different Fighting type moves. Yeesh. I mainly wanted him to be anti-Steel, so that's why he got Dig and Flamethrower. I laughed really hard when I thought about Machamp doing a Kamehameha-style Flamethrower, so I went with it. "If I find a chance to use this, he'll be so surprised!"

It was awesome. Surprise was had, and it was way more effective than it should have been.

Toph was doing first to three knockouts, so that's why we were switching so much. I don't think I could have taken out his whole team, honestly. That MegaAggron was ridiculously tough. Some really lucky dodges in this fight, too.[/spoilerg4w]
Vs Pryce: U6JW-WWWW-WWW6-RGV4
[spoilerg4w]Revenge was such an amazing move for my Machamp during PPL, and Leftovers gave me several "oh shi- YES REVENGE AHAHA" moments. Tarly's Rock Slide was too good, though. Also, I saw the power of EV training with my Gallade, who was awesome at catching Platinum's roaming legendaries and also at destroying Ice-types.

This was on Saturday, and my second attempt on Pryce; I'd had more practice with the members of my team since the day before and improved their moves, so it actually went really smoothly.[/spoilerg4w]
Vs Cylis: 4S4G-WWWW-WWW6-RGVF
[spoilerg4w]Even after Hammer Arm, my Machamp was still slower than Pangoro, which really surprised us both. I accidentally some good IVs, apparently! The Payback->Revenge exchange was priceless.

Also, his subsequent 1 HP survival of Waterfall was amazing. The knockout from Rough Skin was even better.

I'm not sure if Catcher would have been faster than Weavile without Quick Claw - that was really lucky. I don't think I had anyone else who could match the power of Catcher's Close Combat. Oh, and I was stupid and gave my Samurott terrible moves, so I'm glad I never had to use him.[/spoilerg4w]

Edit: For curiosity's sake, I calculated my Machamp's IVs. His speed IV is 2, and he has a Quiet nature, meaning -Speed. So that would explain his immense slowness.
Last edited by MattDarling on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan of the Brendan&May duo of PPL East 2013 and 2014
MattDarling

Postby Erkenhelm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:05 am

Erkenhelm

Next

Return to Mingling