[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - OverClocked Remix Artists Produce Another Pokemon Album

OverClocked Remix Artists Produce Another Pokemon Album

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

OverClocked Remix Artists Produce Another Pokemon Album

Postby Jeffolas » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:18 pm

We all need some music while getting into the zone when PAX rolls around and we're putting the finishing touches on our teams, so in case anyone was looking for anything Pokemon-related to throw into their library, I figured I'd dig out these links and pass them along. It may very well be that X and Y's soundtrack will be so gripping that these won't even be able to hold a candle to it, or heck OCR may even put out a new album for XY and before East comes into play. In any event, enjoy!

Now, before anyone gets too click-happy with their mice down below, I will say this as a courtesy to anyone here who does not wish to be spoiled for the upcoming Pokemon X and Y release: The spoiler box is there for a reason, if you do not want to spoil yourselves don't read that part of the post yet. There, I said it, I can put my conscience at ease...Now...If you are OK with being spoiled (and I don't mean being showered with gifts and money) then please, carry on.

[spoilerhyg]So OverClocked Remix put out a new Pokemon-themed album last month called The Eevee EP (Evolution Project). The album includes nine remixed songs (from the OSTs of RBY, GSC, DDP and XY) and is free-to-download from http://eevee.ocremix.org/ . On the whole, the tracks are redone to have a electronic/synth-music feel to them, but they still stay faithful enough to their source material that you can tell where it's from originally. The nine tracks were selected by the artists as they felt that particular track represented the Eeveelution they did the song for, hence why the only songs in the album hail from games where Eeveelutions were introduced. If synth and electronic music are not your things, then you may not particularly enjoy this album, but if you don't mind or are looking for something new to add to the library, I highly recommend checking this out.If you've already heard of it and downloaded it before today, then sorry for breaking the news late :P[/spoilerhyg]

Now for the non-spoiler part of the post:

This isn't OCRemix's first foray into making Pokemon albums, they did one a while back (one that many of you may have heard of by now) called Pokemon: The Missingno Tracks. The album was a collection of 28 remixed songs from every game in the series. Unlike the previous album I linked to, The Missingno Tracks comprises a much broader range of genres and has something for just about everyone. As was the case before, The Missingno Tracks is also free to download, just find them through http://ocremix.org/ or through their website http://missingno.ocremix.org/index.html

Happy Listening my fellow PAX Pokemon League Participants!
~Jeffolas
~PPL HoF Entrant~
('12) ('16)

~PPL East Gym Leader~
Riley - The Aura Guardian ('13)
Isaac Adler - The Golfing Prodigy ('14)
Kenneth & Kathleen - Contest Coordinators ('15)
Glenn Waylon - The Intrepid Geologist ('17)
Isaac - The Warrior of Vale ('18)
Jeffolas
One-Time Leader

Return to Mingling