[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Intrest Check: PPL Forum Roleplay!

Intrest Check: PPL Forum Roleplay!

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Intrest Check: PPL Forum Roleplay!

Postby Zoroark173 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Hello everybody! Over my time here, I have noticed a distinct lack of something that every great forum has! Yes, that's right folks, a forum based post-by-post roleplay! You can't call yourself a real forums without one! I was thinking of a non-cannon Pokemon based roleplay in a made-up region, with a few fakemons! And I would like to know, [size=200i6g]Is anybody interested in this?[/sizei6g]
Lazy Person fact # 20030258712378
You were too lazy to read that^ number
Zoroark173

Re: Intrest Check: PPL Forum Roleplay!

Postby Volaro » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:09 pm

While I'm not the biggest fan of fakemons, a good Pokemon roleplay on the forums wouldn't be a bad idea, I think. It'd certainly be a good way to flesh out the gym leader characters.
Volaro, The Elusive Rose of PPL East 2013
Roberto, The Iron Gentleman of PPL East 2014
Tenta, The Turf-Trouncing Trainer of PPL East 2016
Roberto, The Fey-Fond Prince of PPL East 2017
Volaro
One-Time Leader

Postby Zoroark173 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Ya, I'm not the biggest fan of them either, but the only ones that I am thinking of would be 1 or two legendaries, and an evolution for Skarmory :3 (and also allowing Luvdisc to evolve into Alomomola, because seriously, why on earth doesn't it -.- )

EDIT- Bahh Mamanbou should be Alomomola, stupid Japanese Pokemon names :P
Zoroark173

Postby Lyrai » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:12 pm

I'd be in. =P Especially if it helped with gym leaders as Volaro suggested.

Although I have to agree that I'm not the biggest fan of fakemon. ._.
PPL '12 East - Challenger
PPL '13 East - Yellow de Bosque Verde
PPL '14 East - Blaire (& Justin) the Reliable Rachers
PPL '15 East - Kathleen (& Kenneth ) the Contest Coordinators
PPL '17 East - Paige Ryder the Pokémon Jockey
Lyrai
One-Time Leader

Postby Jeffolas » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:29 pm

I would most certainly be interested in this. Let me know the details and when I am not working I'll pitch in and participate.
~PPL HoF Entrant~
('12) ('16)

~PPL East Gym Leader~
Riley - The Aura Guardian ('13)
Isaac Adler - The Golfing Prodigy ('14)
Kenneth & Kathleen - Contest Coordinators ('15)
Glenn Waylon - The Intrepid Geologist ('17)
Isaac - The Warrior of Vale ('18)
Jeffolas
One-Time Leader

Postby Mehnit » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:50 pm

I would also be interested; though I don't have a lot of experience role playing in a forum setting.
Mehnit

Postby Asahshi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 am

I'd definitely be up for it. =) I've been involved in a couple in the past but they never seem to last very long. Everyone always ends up just drifting away from them rather quickly. =/
Asahshi
One-Time Leader

Postby Zoroark173 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Ya, I hope that since this is an active community for the most part, it would last for a pretty good amount of time!
Zoroark173

Postby Shrain » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Having somewhere around 9 years of text based role-playing (6 of which were forum based), I would be interested in this! So long as its kept casual, friendly, and PPL related. :D
My PPL résumé[spoiler8d5]I played Barry during PAX East of '12,
the Fossil Fiend during PAX Prime of '12,
Sir Ivan North of PAX East '13,
Impostor Professor Oak of PAX East '14,
Robert Lutece of PAX East '15,
and Guzma of PAX East '17![/spoiler8d5]
An admin of Unplugged '17
Shrain
Three-Time Leader

Postby Giovanni » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Seconding Mr. Shrain, something light could be amusing.
You come at the Nidoking, you best not miss.
Giovanni
Two-Time Leader

Return to Mingling