[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - History of the PPL?

History of the PPL?

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

History of the PPL?

Postby Riestal » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 pm

So, I've recently become aware of the fact that this is the 4th PPL coming up at PAX East, and I immediately became interested in the old events that I had missed attending. I went to PAX East only for 1 single day, and managed to get myself 8 badges and an emblem, but it makes me wonder how many other badges and emblems over the years I've missed. So, to sate my curiosity, I'd like to ask if anyone could give me information on the only PPL I couldn't find, Prime 2010. Like, how many leaders where there, who were they, what were their teams like, and were their any cool gimmicks to the event? I heard something about Rocket Grunts, and it just made me wonder.

So, if anyone who was at PAX Prime 2010, or a part of its making, and you have this information, would you sate my curiosity? I appreciate it in advance!

(Give a meticulous history nerd who needs to know everything a copy of Pokemon, and you've got a recipe for a total monster...)
Riestal
Two-Time Leader

Re: History of the PPL?

Postby Blackfox138 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:51 pm

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussi ... of-fame/p1

Prime 2010 right? Here (should) be the link to the original stuffs.
Blackfox138
Two-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:44 pm

yeah, that has a pretty basic history. Someday if I can figure out how to get onto that wiki, I'll update it with more information.

There's also a story in The Escapist that covers the first PAX Pokemon League (I got interviewed). if you search for it, you'll probably find it.
Prof. Pine

Postby Heleor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 pm

PAX Prime 2010 was interesting. It was the first PPL that was started, and there wasn't an official team. That year, there were quite a lot of Rocket Grunts in attendance, and Pine was our champion [iirc]. We had 8 (or was it 9?) regular leaders, and 4 Elite Four - one of which, Giovanni, forgot his DS on the last day, so he just had a bunch of grunts tag-team the challengers for his badge.

It was a fun time. :D
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Oh, nice catch on the old thread! Really nostalgic. ;)
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Prof. Pine

Postby Riestal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:26 am

Wow, this is all really interesting! It's cool to see how much the League has grown from a post on the Penny Arcade forums to what we have now, only two years later. Did Eva Lucian never show up or something?

P.S, thanks for finding all of this for me!
Riestal
Two-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 am

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Riestal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:47 am

Oh, I see. So who was the one that never showed up?
Riestal
Two-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 am

Prof. Pine

Next

Return to Mingling