[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Update 1.3

Update 1.3

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Update 1.3

Postby Aurethious » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:31 am

There's a new update patch available for X/Y available on the eShop. It apparently fixes some bugs, but it doesn't seem to be known for sure what. I've seen references to it fixing some hacks. People are hoping that it is a surprise patch to allow full compatibility with OR/AS, but that is unlikely.

Like the previous update, you need it to go online in game.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Re: Update 1.3

Postby Aurethious » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:27 am

From Serebii, in regards to the 1.3 patch:

"Following the release of the Version 1.3 patch last night, one of the small features that have been added has been confirmed. In addition to various bugfixes, such as a fix regarding Vivillon's image not properly appearing in Friend Safari's menus, the patch now fixes various special animations for when PokéBalls open on trying to capture a Pokémon or sending one in battle. Previously, these animations could be seen in battle, but not when you sent out your first Pokémon. Now, these will always appear when they are your first Pokémon sent in battle."

Yay?

Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Draexzhan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Could be a coincidence, but less than an hour after downloading the patch, my game crashed when I was battling a Raichu. This has never happened before, and I'm rather scared now that my game is on its last legs.
Draexzhan

Postby Aurethious » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:28 am

Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Draexzhan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:56 pm

The screens went black and a message appeared on the touch screen in white text telling me an error occurred and to hold down the power button. It looked very similar to the "the game card has been removed" message. It happened again, today, when a Raichu was sent out. I'm thinking I SHOULD worry about this one.
Draexzhan

Postby Aurethious » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:24 am

Is this happening online only? Offline only? Or a combination of both? Is it happening every time a Raichu hits the field?

If it's not online, maybe try deleting the update and seeing if it still happens when you see a Raichu? If it is online, you'll need the update to get online, so you could try deleting and re-downloading it? Or just try that either way? I haven't done a ton of stuff with the 3DS, so I'm not sure how common update file can get corrupted or how to even troubleshoot them to be honest. I'm just tossing out ideas.

Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Draexzhan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:16 am

Yeah, if I so much as look at Raichu in the Pokedex, the game crashes. Checked all the other pokemon, and as far as I can tell, they're all okay.

Also, redownloaded the update. Raichu is still borked.
Draexzhan

Postby Aurethious » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14 am

Unless anyone has any other ideas, at this point, I'd contact NOA support about it.

Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Return to Mingling