[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Introduce yourselves!

Introduce yourselves!

For all the conversations that don't really belong anywhere else!

Re: Introduce yourselves!

Postby Draexzhan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:59 am

Yep, that was probably me. You were the first gym leader I took on because you were one of the easiest to spot, thanks to your hat
Draexzhan

Postby Adritha » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Howdy!

I'm known as Adri online, Jen in real life. I found about about the PPL a couple months ago and have been a silent lurker here since then. I've played Pokemon for the past 15-16 years and don't think that will be stopping any time soon. Looking forward to experiencing my first PAX in San Antonio next year, and especially seeing the PPL in action, whether as a leader or a challenger.
PAX South: Allie (Poison), Emi (Electric), Jen (Ghost/Objects), Ellie (Ground/Steel), Crystal (Ice, Elite)
Adritha

Postby Mistariah » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Howdy everyone!

I meant to wander in sooner than this, ever since I was drawn in to challenge some gym leaders during PAX East 2014, but alas time escaped me! I wanted to personally thank the three gym leaders who invited me to participate but it appears my ability to send messages here is disabled until I "participate more" so I hoped an introduction would help! I will have to settle for publicly thanking them, as best as I can identify them. :-)

So thank you to the duo gym leaders with the straw hats, I believe you are the "Justin and Blaire duo" as I recognize your Pokemon from Lyrai's post here: posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=23262 Alas, I do not recall who the third person with you was but I want to thank him too!

I also want to thank the gentleman scientist/doctor who was willing to fight alongside an Eeveelutions team. I don't know for certain who you are but I have a hunch it might be SandstormS? Perhaps Lyrai can tell me? ;-)

I see I'm too late to apply to be a gym leader for Pax Prime (sadly) but I do plan to spend more time challenging gym leaders as I am allowed free time! I am very excited to participate as I fondly recall the experience as one of my favorite moments of PAX East 2014. Part of me thinks it rather silly and yet, this Pokemon league is just so utterly fun to participate in I am overwhelmingly drawn to all you wonderful people. There aren't really words to describe the experience (although I tried to explain it) but thankfully my husband seemed to "get it" and agreed this is very cool. He said it was almost cool enough to get him to play Pokemon (!) but only almost.. ;-) We have work to do!

Mistariah aka "Misty" among her friends
[color=#00BFFFdor]PAX South 2015 - Mist Ariah, the Crystalline Keeper (Ice) [/colordor]
Mistariah

Postby SandstormS » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:41 pm

E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby Lyrai » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:14 pm

PPL '12 East - Challenger
PPL '13 East - Yellow de Bosque Verde
PPL '14 East - Blaire (& Justin) the Reliable Rachers
PPL '15 East - Kathleen (& Kenneth ) the Contest Coordinators
PPL '17 East - Paige Ryder the Pokémon Jockey
Lyrai
One-Time Leader

Postby Sammako » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Hello all!
My name's Samma and I've been a casual pokéfan since elementary school. I briefly played the card game "competitively" (no actual events though, sadly, due to parental unwillingness) until the local comic shop discontinued it in favor of Magic and Yugioh. I got hooked in by Yellow but Silver was the first game I owned which gives me a natural bias towards Johto.

Next month I will visit some friends in WA and go to PAX Prime, my first PAX ever. (also my 2nd trip to WA ever) I discovered the PPL in the PAX forums when I was digging to see if a Pokémon cosplay would be out of place and have been intrigued ever since! I'm still working on the cosplay but plan to be an oldschool Magma grunt at some point in the weekend. I intend to challenge the league and although I likely won't get far I think it'll be fun regardless. :3

I plan to attend PAX South in January, hopefully as a gym leader.....we'll see. ;)

EDIT: I meant to add a big THANKS to Propriety for having patience with me in regards to my questions on how this works. I was really afraid that in my excitement I missed things on the FAQ and was annoying the admin. ;P
Sammako

Postby AssumptionPrime » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:58 pm

My webcomic, [url=http://www.xpboostcomic.comusx]Experience Boost[/urlusx] (some NSFW language)
AssumptionPrime

Postby Sammako » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:16 pm

Thanks! I look forward to meeting everyone that's participating. :D

I'm steadily working on my character profile so I can get my application in. I may be getting too deep into a story for her though...oops. Haha
Sammako

Postby AssumptionPrime » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:36 pm

My webcomic, [url=http://www.xpboostcomic.comusx]Experience Boost[/urlusx] (some NSFW language)
AssumptionPrime

Postby 725roy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Wow, I should've posted this earlier, but hi everyone, I'm 725roy. I challenged the PAX Prime league back in 2012 and managed to beat the champion. I know I'll be participating in PAX South when it rolls around, and I'm super excited for it! As for my competitive "SKILL" I guess I frequent smogon and I tend to spend a lot of time on the Pokemon Showdown ladder. So that's me. :lol:
Prime 2012 - Hall of Fame Entrant
South 2015 - Hall of Fame Entrant
South 2016 - Petro, the Down to Earth Youngster
East 2016 - Hall of Fame Entrant
South 2017 - Champion Roy G. Biv
East 2017 - Will of Will and Celeste
South 2018 - Hall of Fame Entrant
725roy

PreviousNext

Return to Mingling