[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Post PAX Prime 2012 Wrap Post

Post PAX Prime 2012 Wrap Post

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: Post PAX Prime 2012 Wrap Post

Postby Ninelol » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks again everyone for putting this on. Not only is it the best part of PAX, it was able to rekindle the Pokemon fire in a lot of my friends, as they want a shot at the champ next year. Brought the hurt with my Pal Abomasnow, and was happy to see that N had one on his winter team(psshh like anyone picked winter).

[spoilerlql]Abomasnow (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 SAtk / 100 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Ice Shard
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Wood Hammer

Infernape @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 108 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Magic Coat
- Toxic Spikes

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Blizzard

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 148 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit[/spoilerlql]

I have to say every gym leader was amazing this year, all the teams were super fun to battle against(evil 1v1!!). I saw a few gym leaders cleaning up shop too lol.
[spoilerhta][imghta]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li87qbUXQI1qfo0cho1_500.jpg[/imghta][/spoilerhta] <3

FC: 4298 3178 2402 Black
Ninelol

Postby Kai » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Ninelol » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 am

[spoilerhta][imghta]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li87qbUXQI1qfo0cho1_500.jpg[/imghta][/spoilerhta] <3

FC: 4298 3178 2402 Black
Ninelol

Postby Touko » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:12 am

I had a lot of fun! I did not keep a very good count of how many people I fought, though I know it was a lot. Rough estimate based on badges I have left (doing the math to include the gym leader trades) about 45. It was entertaining having people figure out my theme, and to see who they THOUGHT I would have on my team. Not a person expected what turned out to be my best Pokemon: Eevee! I originally included an Eevee since he was the closest to red out of all the eeveelutions. Eevee's stats are not very good, and I did not expect much more than a gimmick from my Eevee. But I was wrong. Eviolite turned out to be a powerful tool! My team:

[spoiler24i]Leafeon - Legolas (means Green)
Ability: Leaf Guard
Nature: Lax
EVs: Random
Item: Miracle Seed
Moves:
Leaf Blade
Dig (no one, and I mean NO ONE, expected this move. There were some great facial expressions!)
Quick Attack
X-Scissor

Vaporeon - Azure (a type of blue)
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Sassy
EVs: Random
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Aqua Ring
Ice Beam
Quick Attack
Surf

Espeon - Amethyst (a purple stone)
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
EVs: RANDOM!
Item: Twisted Spoon
Moves:
Shadow Ball
Psyshock
Morning Sun
Signal Beam (this was nice to wipe out darks with!)

Eevee - Rufus (a name that means red)
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Impish
EVs:Raaaaannnndddoooommmm
Item: Eviolite
Moves:
Return
Toxic
Quick Attack
Last Resort (I was powerless against ghost types, but MAN was that Quick Attack nasty!)

Flareon - Pabu (Do you know how hard it is to find an orange thing OTHER than pumpkin? I was NOT naming Flareon Pumpkin!! So I named it after a Fire Ferret from Korra....)
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Adamant
EVs: What do you get for fighting the E4 and Cheren a lot?
Item: Razor Fang
Moves:
Fire Fang
Flame Charge
Quick Attack
Toxic

Jolteon - Taji (means silver and yellow)
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
EVs: Again, RANDOM
Item: Rocky Helmet (No one saw this coming, and EVERYONE hit Jolteon with a physical move!)
Moves:
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Shadow Ball[/spoiler24i]

I probably could have type covered my team better, but I liked the theme of Quick Attack (even if I forgot to add it to Amethyst). And honestly, I did what I intented! I had fun, casual battles. Most people just loved that I had an actual Eevee team, and that I used Eevee (seriously though, NO ONE saw this coming). As for Eevee, like I said he was a surprising star. When I decided Eevee had to be red, I didn't know what I could do. The stats aren't that good, but the best was in the defense and special denfense... so Eviolite. And I found out that an Adaptability/Eviolite Eevee was a GOOD thing. I think next time I wouldn't use Return. I just felt it didn't work well, and I feel it could be replaced with something better.
Well, actually...
Touko

Previous

Return to League Discussion