[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Level Playing Field

Level Playing Field

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Level Playing Field

Postby Morganstern » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:21 pm

What level rules will the league be playing with? Is it going to be 50 All or Open?
Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Re: Level Playing Field

Postby Heleor » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:35 pm

50 Flat Battle.

That's the only one that works in Local WiFi.
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby RGM-79 Ace » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:42 pm

So, no less than and no greater than Level 50? Well, that certainly makes my prep work a lot less frantic. :D
RGM-79 Ace

Postby Blackfox138 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:42 pm

You all are totally misunderstanding Flat 50.

Anything ABOVE 50 will be brought down to 50
Anything BELOW 50 will stay at it's level

therefore, if you need a move/evolution past 50, you will still be fine.
Blackfox138
Two-Time Leader

Postby FoggyKnight » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:17 am

Just bought HeartGold/SoulSilver and a Nintendo DS. Going to be frantically lvling everyone for the PAX tournament :) Glad to know it will only have to be up to 50.

Going to probably have my sister pick a hand to determine which cartridge I keep and which one is hers on her birthday :D
Friend Code: 3482 1407 1896 (Foggy) Updated 3/4/11 to correct code.
FoggyKnight

Postby Propriety » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:13 pm

You can always level to over 50 to get certain moves... their levels/stats will be scaled down, but they retain their moveset. ;)
See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby FoggyKnight » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Woot, just got my HeartGold game in the mail, and figured out a way to borrow a DS until mine comes as well.

I was a little disappointed however, when I found out that it's the same game as my Silver cartridge from a decade ago, until I unlock whatever it is I need to unlock. Pokeathelon is fun though. And the new gym layouts (somewhat). On my way to Red Gyarados right now.

I'm on the road to Veridian city....

Been trying to wade through the "Competitive Pokemon" websites. I figure I'm going to have to try and get Pineco at some point, but I missed getting Scyther today during the bug contest. Pidgeotto had fun kicking bug butt though. It gave me a happy face afterwards.
FoggyKnight

Postby Propriety » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:09 pm

See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby Morganstern » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Morganstern
Two-Time Leader

Postby FoggyKnight » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Too true. Been trying to find out how to get some of the Sinnou pokemon and the Hoenn pokemon. Apparently there is a "Pokemon March" thing I have to try in the next couple of days, but I can only get the others after beating Ash? Meep. Going to have to trade hard.

And fast.

And does anyone know which trading thingie I have to use if I'm trading pokemon through those "Pal" numbers I see on the PAX people? Sounds like the Violet City thing, but not entirely sure how it works.

Also, when I get there in two weeks, I am looking for a trade :3 I love Ninetales :)
FoggyKnight

Next

Return to League Discussion