[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Level Playing Field

Level Playing Field

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: Level Playing Field

Postby Propriety » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:02 am

If you want to trade via Wifi, you need to register the friend code of the person you'll be trading with in your [url=http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pal_Paddt9]Pal Pad[/urldt9] (and they will need your code, which you can get from the Pal Pad as well), and then visit the downstairs of any Pokemon center. Choose the desk in the center.
See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby Kopaka » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Um...so I hafta ask...

How serious are you guys? I ask because I've recently met a lot of people who have taught me all about the wonders of such things as "EVs" and "IVs" and such.
(It's kinda ruined my childhood, lemme tell you :P)
If I'm going to stand any kind of chance, am I going to have to do EV training//IV/nature breeding? I don't want to be squashed (as I have been by my friends >.>) but I also don't want to do stuff like that which I think can suck a lot of the fun out of the games. I'm willing to do it if that's necessary, but what're you guys planning on doing?
[size=705r6]
[b5r6]PAX East 2011: [/b5r6]3 leader badges
[b5r6]PAX East 2012: [/b5r6]9 leader badges
Reach beyond the door.
[/size5r6]
Kopaka

Postby Heleor » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:03 pm

The leaders are half and half. A lot are casual players, but some are non-casual. Even the non-casuals are handicapped by the fact that they have to use a single type. The Elite Four are mostly non-casual.
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Unlike my previous team for PAX PRIME, I plan to do some EV training. In my opinion, IV training is too much work for too little a reward.
Prof. Pine

Postby Propriety » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:06 am

See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby FoggyKnight » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:23 pm

There is almost nothing more frustrating then trying to EV train a pokemon. I nearly had my little Hydrant done his EV training when I went to switch his item out for a berry and found that instead of a Macho Brace, he was holding an Amulet Coin. And I have no idea when I switched the Brace out for the Coin. ;_;
Friend Code: 3482 1407 1896 (Foggy) Updated 3/4/11 to correct code.
FoggyKnight

Previous

Return to League Discussion