[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Leader Idea...

Leader Idea...

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: Leader Idea...

Postby Propriety » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 am

Gym leaders are officially prohibited from using AR or any such things. Gym leaders are supposed to be leaders in their field of Pokemon study, experts on their chosen type! A true gym leader wouldn't need to give their Pokemon digital steroids. If I find out a gym leader has used an AR, I will personally hunt them down and strangle them with my scarf. D:<

Challengers are prohibited from using them, too, but we can't really check, so we ask you to be honest. You've got plenty of time to get a team up to Lv. 50 before PAX, and believe me, you're much closer to your team if you've done it the right way.
See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby SandstormS » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:16 pm

E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby Salamenace » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:05 pm

You do know I did get the EV items legit right? That part was too easy with my Salamance. Rare Candies, don't need them if you have EXP share(s) and some legit level 100s plus the E4. I don't NEED AR, I can get rare candies by the sport dome (PP Max too) doing so leveling them up while getting the items that I need. Keep in mind that just since I have AR doesn't mean I need to use it. If I have any shiny on my team they will be my legit shinys. The ONLY reason I even bought AR was to be even with my friends. Even though I don't hack like they do with giving an infernape ice beam or max stats, I still can beat them with strategy and skill. The team that I did use in the PAX prime was my real, non hacked team except for that I made them shiny. I had one legit shiny on that team, my Mienshao.
Last edited by Salamenace on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White-2494-4596-5562
Quick and Powerful or Slow and Annoying :3
Salamance used DragonClaw, one hit KO
Salamenace

Postby PoeticMadnesss » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Black: 0647 5155 3272
Pkmn Breeder
Certified Gold Card Carrier
PoeticMadnesss

Postby Salamenace » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Poetic, read my edit. I know that having an AR has its cons but I needed them so that my friends don't overkill me. When they can just heal during the battle, it isn't fair at all. When they have the insanely overpowered Slaking with no Traunt...it just isn't fair at all. You can say what you want but I think that it was only fair for me to get an AR so that it was even.

After reading the rules I DO see "no hacked/banned pokemon". If you think that making a pokemon shiny but not changing anything to it's stats or attacks or anything that isn't "fair" is counting as cheating and you want people who don't have any ARs then I guess I can't join your league. Think out it though, is making a pokemon shiny (and having the ability to make them non-shiny again) hacking? Also being in the PPL is suppost to be about having fun at the same time, so why does this need to ruin my fun? I think this isn't fair that no matter what you will think I'm cheating. You may not trust me, but that is up to you.
White-2494-4596-5562
Salamenace

Postby Shade » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:30 pm

It's not worth it. I remember back with the first gen of games, my friend/rival from down the street had a ridiculous pikachu in yellow. Swept my team every time. So I went to missingno and got myself a marowak lvl112 (which reset itself to lvl 20 or some nonsense). Fought him and won, and got the ideal response 'How'd you beat meh?!'. But it was a hollow victory. I knew it wasn't me that'd won but the glitch. And sure enough, the glitch reset my game soon afterwards-erasing everything I [ipt7]had[/ipt7] worked for. I realize there's little to no chance of that happening now with hax, but I've remembered that sinking feeling I got from back then everytime AR or similar's seemed the easy way out (and believe me, I know getting ready for major pkmn events makes it ALWAYS seem the better option to grinding the E4 that last dozen times to reaching lvl100).

So TL;DR not worth it. Don't do AR kids, it hurts people and pkmn.
E12+P12: Berri, the Master Ranger+Maxie, Champion of the Land (E5)
E13+P13: Berri, the Dragon Ranger+Berri, the Traveling Ranger
E14+P14: Neuro of Aperture Labs+Co-cordinator
E15: Sorra of the Parched Pirates
S16, S17, S18: Peggy Pidgeot, Robin, Osono
Shade
League Coordinator

Postby PoeticMadnesss » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Pkmn Breeder
PoeticMadnesss

Postby SandstormS » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:35 pm

The point madness is making is if you don't use it here (all things ppl) why bother mentioning it?
E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby Salamenace » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:38 pm

See, my friends do your "missingo" story and they just killed me. Getting even is what I did. They then stopped the AR so I stopped it. I didn't it after they quit. I needed to show them that even with hacks they can't beat me. TBH, I don't even know where my AR even is. I think i last used it in my ds lite (which I can't find too :O). ONLY IF YOU WANT ME TO, I will find it do de-shiny my team. If you don't care about that then i'll leave it the way it is.

I know how you feel about the egg breeding thing, it annoyed me when my friends did it too. I know you all don't care and don't know exactly how I feel but breeding is easy to do when your stuck between watching NCIS and pokemon. Can someone explain to me why having an AR but not using it is still counted as bad? If i'm not using it then why does it matter?
Last edited by Salamenace on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White-2494-4596-5562
Salamenace

Postby PoeticMadnesss » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Pkmn Breeder
PoeticMadnesss

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion