[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Team Reveals/Evaluations

Team Reveals/Evaluations

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: Team Reveals/Evaluations

Postby Kai » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:13 pm

Gym Leader N (N type)

N (Jolly) Choice Scarf

-Feeling check
-Sing for me
-Poetry reader
-Metronome

My plan was to make them show me how much they loved their pokemon.

That's about it.
Kai
One-Time Leader

Postby Salamenace » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:17 pm

N- And apparently my love was good enough...and stolen lol. (You said you thought it was from TV)
White-2494-4596-5562
Quick and Powerful or Slow and Annoying :3
Salamance used DragonClaw, one hit KO
Salamenace

Postby Ktywf » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 am

Post/brag about my babehs? Don't mind if I do!
[spoilersvg][bsvg]Nirvana[/bsvg]
Mienshao @ Focus Sash
Regenerator
All Atk and Spe
Jolly (+Spe - SpA)
Fake Out
U-Turn
Hi-Jump Kick
Stone Edge

I'm sure many of you have seen this guy before, on my team or otherwise. Fake Out + Hi Jump Kick was fantastic for those early kills, or when someone had the gall to throw up Stealth Rock against the Fighting-type leader. The choice between Regenerator and Inner Focus was a hard one, but in the end Regen won out for it's ability to give Nirvana a second chance after Focus Sash without worrying about entry hazards or passive damage.

[bsvg]Riff[/bsvg]
Scrafty @ Leftovers
Shed Skin
All Hp and SpD
Careful (+SpD -SpA)
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Crunch
Thunderpunch

Riff was my go to guy for everything from status abusers to anything that thought it could wall me to pretty much any Psychic type. He was responsible for just about 70% of all the sweeps I pulled off. Challengers would be tearing their hair out as their attacks could barely scratch Riff while he just Drain Punched away everything that crossed him. The only major problem he had was with Conkeldurr, who could Bulk Up right alongside him and make Riff eat his own medicine. Perhaps I'll switch Thunderpunch for Zen Headbutt in the future...

[bsvg]Yokozuna[/bsvg]
Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Justified
All Atk and Spe
Adamant (+Atk - SpA)
Rock Polish
Stone Edge
Close Combat
X-Scissor

The one behind the other 30% of sweeps. the times when I was lucky enough to use Rock Polish with Yokozuna really left people quaking in their boots. Being a Rock type really helped with all those Flying types, and Excadrills just couldn't do a thing about this guy. If they popped the Air Balloon they were faced with a much faster Terrakion with a Close Combat ready to follow up. His greatest downfall had to have been Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, which happened all too often.

[bsvg]Norris[/bsvg]
Hitmontop @ Expert Belt
Technician
All Hp and Atk
Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
Fake Out
Mach Punch
Sucker Punch
Aerial Ace

Priority. This is where it starts to really show. Hitmontop would always hit you first and even if you didn't die his defenses almost always meant he gets another shot at you. Sucker Punch is the sole reason I could deal with Scarf Chandelure and Gengar and basically every other frail Ghost thinking it's all smart with its immunity to my favorite type. Aerial Ace was a late addition that was basically there for Conkeldurr, Breloom and Heracross. An exact total of zero people ever expected an Aerial Ace coming their way.

[bsvg]Kotarou[/bsvg]
Lucario @ Choice Specs
Steadfast
All SpA and Spe
Timid (+Spe -Atk)
Vacuum Wave
Shadow Ball
Psychic
HP Ice

More priority! My only special attacker, Kotarou was one of my two big surprises. And surprise he did. Many a Dragon fell to Hidden Power Ice after locking into an Outrage. Many Fighting types and Poison were left wondering why Kotarou even learns Psychic at all. And many more still were left batting their eyes at yet another revenge kill by priority, this time a Vacuum Wave instead of the oft predicted Extremespeed.

[bsvg]Gladius[/bsvg]
Gallade @ Wide Lens
Steadfast
All Hp and SpD
Careful (+SpD -SpA)
Shadow Sneak
Psycho Cut
Hypnosis
Will-o-Wisp

I'm going to come right out and say it. Gladius is hands down my Most Valuable Pokemon. He has quite possibly the fewest KO's to his name, but was also the entire backbone of my team. I can't count how many sweeps I've avoided thanks to Hypnosis and Will-o-Wisp, made all the easier to use because no one even thought to think I could have both statuses on the same Pokemon, let alone one. Riff owes almost every sweep he made to Gladius. And Shadow Sneak proved invaluable as that just-one-more priority move to deal with all kinds of bad news. Gladius held nearly my whole bag of tricks and used every one of them time and again.[/spoilersvg]

So there is the lineup! My biggest weakness? Things immune to status destroyed me. I'm looking at you Poison Heal Gliscor and Flame Orb Conkeldurr. That and bulky Scizor took everything I threw his way and laughed it off, while burn status plagued everyone but Riff and Kotarou.

EDIT /majorthreadshortening
Last edited by Ktywf on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prime '11: Brutus(Fighting)/Prime '12 Cyrus
White FC: 3525 5301 3399
Ktywf
One-Time Leader

Postby Heleor » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:16 am

Grk. Must. Destroy. Fighters....
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby ReploidArmada » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:03 am

I see no reason not to contribute to this thread, eh? Here's the team I challenged with:

Deoxys-A @ Ice Gem
[spoilervtc]- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

The item was originally Razor Fang, but I quickly realized Ice Beam was doing most of Deoxys's work, so I switched it to Ice Gem. Also, I made the mistake of not switching him back from Deoxys-S after I had finished his moveset, so I spent Friday all kinds of confused :lol:
Anyway, Deoxys-A is this team's main special sweeper. He's actually mixed but Superpower wasn't used as often and ExtremeSpeed was basically to outprioritize and ensure KOs.
I ended up getting quite a few early KOs with him, although if he was unable to OHKO then he would usually faint from being made of tissue. Ideally, he'd have a Focus Sash.[/spoilervtc]
Infernape @ Expert Belt
[spoilervtc]Nickname: Domon
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Domon was my main physical sweeper of the team. I managed to surprise a few people with U-turn and call predictions with the swap (ie switching in Skarmory to take a Flying/Ground attack and so forth). Sadly, he is also made of tissue paper, and that is exacerbated by Flare Blitz having recoil damage. Stone Edge took care of fliers for me, who'd otherwise OHKO with Air Slash.[/spoilervtc]
Swampert @ Water Gem
[spoilervtc]- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Avalanche

Swampert was a support sweeper, his job being mainly to make sure Deoxys-A and Infernape could do their jobs safely. Water Gem surprised a few people who might've expected other items. Swampert also has Stone Edge, for much the same reason that Infernape does: Ganking fliers. Avalanche (or, ideally, Ice Punch) was for dragons.[/spoilervtc]
Magnezone @ Shell Bell
[spoilervtc]- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Toxic

Magnezone was to be the other support sweeper, taking care of bulky Waters like Jellicent, who could easily threaten both my main sweepers. Protect and Toxic existed for stalling (I remember negating a Quick Claw attack with Protect in one of my matches). Nothing too far out of the ordinary, though he didn't actually do all that much.[/spoilervtc]
Gallade @ Scope Lens
[spoilervtc]Nickname: Sanjuro
- Psycho Cut
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

This slot was originally to be for a Chansey to be a special wall, but that idea fell through, so I brought in Sanjuro to fill some holes in my type coverage. He did surprisingly well, considering I wasn't planning for him to be on the team anyway. Leaf Blade did wonders for earning me Noble and Trailblazer, Psycho Cut was ideally to help me get Warrior (Dang you Shadow Sneak) and Close Combat was for additional Fighting coverage. SD was for the usual.[/spoilervtc]
Skarmory @ Leftovers
[spoilervtc]- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Skarmory was my defensive core, and helped me set up entry hazards if I decided I needed them enough to lead with him. I ended up walling Jose's team with this Pokemon (right until he walled me) and generally, only things like surprise Electric and Fire attacks managed to take this bird down. I had to be careful using Roost when dealing with the latter, however. Whirlwind was for forcing out an enemy Pokemon before it could finish setting up (DD, Curse, CM, NP, what-have-you).[/spoilervtc]

THINGS I WANT TO CHANGE

1) Take out either Deoxys-A or Gallade. Having two Psychics is kinda like shooting yourself in the foot, with Jellicent and Chandelure around.
2) Take out Magnezone. He didn't do much, and his Steel typing actually got him killed more times than not.
3) Get actual items. Focus Sash, Choice items, etc. I was challenging without them out of laziness, and some of my battles made me wish I had them.
4) Re-breed and do proper EV training.

I'll try to post RMT threads with some of my new team ideas in the future :)
3DS FC: 0146-9203-3788
PPL Prime '13 Champion #7
PPL Prime '13 Badges: Primal/Crownless/Earth/Wheel/Trust/Garish/Celestial/Rivals/Raider/Skull/Pride/Trick
ReploidArmada

Postby Gingerstik » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:38 am

@ Pinebark: Ohhhh you have a gastrodon, those things are the best! Definitely one of the cooler gen IV pokemon, at least I'd to think.

Anyway can't resist the chance to show off a team. :P These guys were made to be pretty gimmicky/luck based/trollzone while still being midly functional. They usually got wiped in singles and triples but did surprisingly well with doubles. Meinshao leads pretty much bulldozed my blobby critters, but overall the challengers said this team was a lot of fun.

[spoilerrhe]Skitty (Adamant) w/ Focus Sash
Nickname: SEPHIROTH!
Ability: Normalize/ Cute Charm (there were two)
-Thunder Wave
-Last Resort

SEPHIROTH- Makes a surprisingly good lead with the focus sash and thunderwave combo. Originally I had it kind of to be kind of like Heleor's smoochum from Prime '10 but last resort got a surprising amount of KOs in and thunderwave made it easy for my other fatties to switch in and set up. Also best reaction faces were for this pokemon, usually a mix between confusion, hilarity and occasionally, fear.

Dunsparce (Adamant) w/ Quick Claw
Nickname: Matcha
Ability: Serene Grace
-Glare
-Bite
-Rockslide
-Protect

More gimmicky pokemon! Sometimes if I was lucky quick claw would activate before glare but 9/10 times it'd go nuts after paralysis kicked in. The adamant nature didn't do shit for its attack barely doing 1/4th on super effective moves but it was surprisingly bulky except for fighting moves. Twas sad that it didn't get any STAB attacks but I was too lazy to rebreed another with headbutt or bodyslam. Highlight was killing an excadrill with nothing but bite and flinch hax. Also nobody seemed to know what a dunsparce is.

Snorlax (Relaxed) w/ Chesto Berry
Nickname: SNORLAX
Ability: Thick Fat
-Recycle
-Rest
-Metronome
-Earthquake

Fattylax! This poor lady was so slow and lazy, she got outsped by even ferrothorns on a pretty regular basis without tailwind support. Since I brought her in from 3rd gen (and in the zeal to be done breeding, forgot to rename her) the IVs ended up being pretty crappy and was generally not as awesome as she could have been. Her saving grace ended up being metronome of all things, as it pulled a plethora of absolutely batshit crazy moves at the perfect times and was the best thing to see.

Clefable (Bold) w/ Flame Orb
Nickname: Oolong
Ability: Magic Guard
-Fling
-Copycat
-Grassknot
-Encore

My original lead, she was supposed to encore entry hazards, copycat them onto the opponent's side and eventually use gravity and die...but it didn't work out that well. Eventually replaced gravity with fling since porygon 2 already had it and burning all those damn tyranitars and scizors ended up being pretty handy. Overall she eneded up not being very useful due to my subpar prediction abilities, but sometimes some really good things came from copycat.

Tokekiss (Timid) w/ Red Card
Nickname: Latte
Ability: Serene Grace
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
- Metronome

The saving grace against pretty much everything. Fireblast was great for scizors and ferrothorns everywhere and air slash covered against fighting types and the flinch hax pretty much annoyed everyone including myself sometimes ahah; Usually this bugger switched in after somebody was status effected and set up some tailwinding. Pretty standard stuff, but it really helped out all my slowsters. Metronome wasn't nearly as successful with Latte as it was with Snorlax. (Was supposed to be protect/roost but I never got around to changing it) and redcard was helpful only about 50% of the time, like after clefable copycat'd entry hazards. Still good for messing up people's gameplans though.

Porygon 2 (Modest) w/ Eviolite
Nickname: Expresso
Ability: Download
- Gravity
- Zap Canon
- Blizzard
- Recover

Eviolite makes this guy an absolute BEAST. He took all kinds of attacks and didn't give a single damn. Gravity was great for stopping all those hi-kicking meinshao, levitators and being a general pest and let me use all these high power low accuracy attacks due to evasion dropping by two stages. Zap Canon was basically a thunder wave that hurt a lot and blizzard for all them dragon types running everywhere.[/spoilerrhe]
Last edited by Gingerstik on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gingerstik
One-Time Leader

Postby Salamenace » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:40 am

I loved my Mienshao...I hated your quick claw lol.
White-2494-4596-5562
Quick and Powerful or Slow and Annoying :3
Salamance used DragonClaw, one hit KO
Salamenace

Postby Gingerstik » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:43 am

Gingerstik
One-Time Leader

Postby Salamenace » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:55 am

Mienshao
Item:Focus Band