[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Champion Tournament

Champion Tournament

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Champion Tournament

Postby Heleor » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:54 pm

We've discussed this in the leader section of the boards, but I wanted to pose a question to the community - should we hold a champion's tournament at the end of PAX (Sunday at 3 or so?) to determine the ultimate PAX Pokemon League Champion?

This would be open only to those who have defeated the current League Champion, and be rewarded with endless fame and possibly a small prize.
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Re: Champion Tournament

Postby Reekuza » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Personally I think that would be pretty awesome!
[size=85gpi]Friend Code: 4341 2358 2195[/sizegpi]
Reekuza
One-Time Leader

Postby Maylene » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:03 am

Yeah, I think that would be cool! Just tell anyone that manages to beat the champion about it, and make sure the time and place are stagnant so no one's left pissed off and wandering around the con hall.
Marissa / Maylene @ East '11 / Sabrina @ Prime '11
Maylene
Two-Time Leader

Postby BigShoesPlease » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 am

I think just for the bragging rights alone this makes sense. Actually this combined with the many hints at awesome things to come this year, it sounds like we can expect some heated battles.
Elite 4 member PAX East 2011

Pokemon HG Friend Code - 4727 5395 3290
BigShoesPlease
Two-Time Leader

Postby Prof. Pine » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:11 pm

I think this would be pretty awesome, but you have to keep in mind is the closing ceremonies. I am kind of ambivalent about attending them, but other people really like to attend that, and the line up for that would start arround 3 (I think).

This is a fantastic awesome idea, but it's just a matter of finding time for it to take place.
Prof. Pine

Postby Heleor » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:10 pm

That's the problem - perhaps it can even be held shortly after the closing ceremonies...
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Propriety » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 pm

It absolutely must be after the closing ceremonies... they are really not to be missed.

I think it would be quite exciting to do something like this! Perhaps... Champions can be awarded some sort of golden ticket, with the time and the place written on it, so they might be reminded?
See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby Blackfox138 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 pm

After Prime's closing ceremonies, there were a handful of people that stayed after just hanging around. It would be cool if a lot more stuck around!
Blackfox138
Two-Time Leader

Postby Steven Stone » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:47 pm

I'd be okay with this. I think it would be quite cool to have an Ultimate Champion.
Mitch/Morty PPL Prime '11/Steven Stone PPL East '11
Steven Stone
Two-Time Leader

Postby PoeticMadnesss » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Despite the fact that I won't be there Sunday, I do believe that this would be a pretty cool idea.
Black: 0647 5155 3272
Pkmn Breeder
Certified Gold Card Carrier
PoeticMadnesss

Next

Return to League Discussion