[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - Post-league downtime!

Post-league downtime!

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Post-league downtime!

Postby Heleor » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Some of you have been here a while, others only found out about us at the con - but whatever your experiences are, please share them here.

I had a great time battling a lot of you, and I'm glad the league turned out as big a success as it was!
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Re: Post-league downtime!

Postby PoeticMadnesss » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:35 am

I'm glad to have met a lot of you, though wishing I had been able to battle more of you (Propriety and Coco were two whom I was especially hoping to battle yet didn't). Despite that, I had a fantastic time with all of this ^_^ and I'm already (slowly) working on putting together a team for next year. I've learnt a lot strategy-wise from the people I battled, and I'm revising how I battle - hopefully it'll show at next PAX East.
Black: 0647 5155 3272
Pkmn Breeder
Certified Gold Card Carrier
PoeticMadnesss

Postby Kopaka » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:56 am

I had a great time, even though I could only be there for Sunday. I really wasn't ready (finished my team a few hours into the day while wandering the expo >.>), but I'm gonna make sure I will be for next time ^^"

Got to battle Maylene, Propriety, and Virus, beat Propriety, got a sympathy badge from Virus for using a treeko, and got the doctor's badge 'cause he was wandering around without a DS >.> I had to leave earlier than I would have liked due to my being reliant on others for transportation, but I had a great time at the meetup at the end ^^

On a side note, I think I left some cables and stuff in a red waterproof bag (I was the one with the extension cable). I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there I really need back desperately, but does anyone know what happened to it?
[size=705r6]
[b5r6]PAX East 2011: [/b5r6]3 leader badges
[b5r6]PAX East 2012: [/b5r6]9 leader badges
Reach beyond the door.
[/size5r6]
Kopaka

Postby Heleor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 am

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Shade » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:00 am

I saw the bag (nearly stepped on it twice >.<) but didn't see anyone grab it by the time I left.

Had a blast fighting the League! I feel like with more leaders there'd be less pressure to mob you guys, and since I didn't see any Friday (in line for the concerts at the 5pm gathering) there was definitely pressure to find and fight any and all gym leaders I spotted. I realize that the leaders are also attendees trying to see and do everything they can, but if there could be more timed gatherings? Even more sparsely attended ones would do, helps relieve that pressure to find you guys.

Also, I really appreciated the tweets from those in the exhibit hall/lines, almost caught Heleor at the 3DS booth (sadly my direction sense is not what it should be, and I ended up wandering the wrong row for 20min >.>).

So in short, had a blast, helped make my first PAX the extremely enjoyable experience it was.
E12+P12: Berri, the Master Ranger+Maxie, Champion of the Land (E5)
E13+P13: Berri, the Dragon Ranger+Berri, the Traveling Ranger
E14+P14: Neuro of Aperture Labs+Co-cordinator
E15: Sorra of the Parched Pirates
S16, S17, S18: Peggy Pidgeot, Robin, Osono
Shade
League Coordinator

Postby Heleor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 am

More than the 4 official ones we had? That's getting to be absurd. The whole point is to find people in lines, and we should focus on making the leaders easier to find when they're already having downtime - in the queue room, in panel and expo hall lines, or at lunch!

The hardest part is balancing the number of leaders to the amount of demand we would have!
FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Shade » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Well demand would be hard to judge, there were more people playing pokemon this PAX because of the newest release. But I think it'd be safe to say we could do with more gym leaders (you guys might be a better judge of numbers, but every time I saw one of you guys it was with a trail of ducklings-I mean trainers :P ). And again, for the official events, not every leader would need to show-a handful guaranteed is far better than none ^_^

That said, frequent tweeting of locations was appreciated (though that's at the total discretion of the leaders, having a page full of location tweets might be a bit much).
Shade
League Coordinator

Postby Heleor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm

FC 4427 3652 8893
Heleor
Four-Time Leader

Postby Zombiewski » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:34 am

The PPL was the number one thing I was excited for at PAX. I bought a trainer hat, I took a week off from studying/reading to train a team and breed some interesting pokemon for trading. My entire goal was to win at least a single badge, but I didn't get a single battle in. Not one.

On Friday by the time I got to the handheld area for the meetup the lines for gym leaders were 12+ people deep, and I'd told my friends I'd meet them in an hour. Okay, my bad, I'll come super early on Saturday. (It didn't help that I sat next to these two obnoxious kids who proceeded to rip on everyone they saw walking by, and talk about how they were going to go back to the hotel that night to hack up a team...)

On Saturday I got to the lounge early, when lines were being capped at 5 people...and came in at number 6. I was going to wait it out, but after half an hour the first battle hadn't even finished. But I did get a little plastic Zubat, so a big thank you to whoever organized that--it was clipped to my badge for the rest of the show. And I got a lot of pokewalker "bumps", so that was nice.

And I didn't ever seem to see any leaders in the hall, except when they were clearly about to eat lunch. :-/

All that said, I'd like to see more leaders next year, or a better challenging system during the meetups. And even though I didn't get any battles going I still want to tank all of the gym leaders for putting this on and generally being so awesome. You guys were clearly doing everything you could to make sure everyone had fun--there was just a ton of us.
Zombiewski

Postby Shade » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 am

Shade
League Coordinator

Next

Return to League Discussion