[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - #PaxSouth - can't believe its over

#PaxSouth - can't believe its over

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: #PaxSouth - can't believe its over

Postby DrankisDank » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:45 am

Still on that 6v6 battle high. If anyone wants some more battles then just find me on twitter and let me know.
PAX South 2015 Hall of Famer
DrankisDank

Postby Derigor » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 am

Hey guys, I'm the dad of the 4 year old little girl that was challenging the league at PAX South. I just wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for all the work you put into this. We had a blast and it meant the world to my daughter that she could play with all of you.

She is still raving about all the badges she got to collect and how next year she plans on collecting all of the elite four badges (we got one this year). Hopefully another year under her belt and she will begin to understand the importance of type coverage as opposed to choosing pokemon and moves based on aesthetics. Although, it is hard to tell a 4 year old that the best team isnt made up of Kitty, Robot, Dinosaur, Cheeseburger (a Kingler... wtf right?), Boneguy, Mad Fireguy (Typhlosion) and Samus (Lapras). The best moves are not Stomp or Body Slam even if it is hilarious to squash your opponents.

I had a lot of fun trying to coach her through the challenges with her rag tag pokemon team of super type disadvantages and I thank all of you very much for making it fun for her. I could have easily seen her get pounded into submission and hang up her pokemon hat but you guys did an excellent job of making it fun. I'm sure she is all in now as a future trainer and member of the community.

We hope to see you guys next year.

Side note, thanks Ghost Type Gym Leader guy, now she wants a light up stick and insists that Robot is the strongest pokemon type because you had one too.

- Derigor
Derigor

Postby MrAGeezie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:46 am

2015 PAX SOUTH CHAMPION
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAGeezie
E-Mail: mrageezie@yahoo.com
Twitter: MrAGeezie - The Road May Be Rough, But The Journey Will Be Unforgettable
MrAGeezie

Postby Aurethious » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:50 am

Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby SandstormS » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:01 pm

E12 desmond Bell(Music)E13 Reginald Stone(Rock)
E14 Dr.Toxin(Poison)S15 Mr.Saturday(Ghost)
E15 Dustin(Sandstorm)P15 Wallace(Water)
E16 Reginald Stone(Rock)P16 PAL9000(2001)
"Desmond as a person was hilarious. Keep him around at all costs."
SandstormS

Postby Adritha » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:31 pm

PAX South: Allie (Poison), Emi (Electric), Jen (Ghost/Objects), Ellie (Ground/Steel), Crystal (Ice, Elite)
Adritha

Postby Derigor » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Well I'm going to be a thread necromancer and just use this place to thank everyone yet again for another great year at PaxSouth. Hannah made it all the way to the champ this year and had a blast.

I had her use my DS this year so we had access to the VS recorder since she doesn't have it on her game but I still don't have all her videos saved because, well because 5 year old.

Here is what I managed to collect:

Vs. Bo - 4 on 4 CLPW-WWWW-WW3G-5VC6

Vs. Molly 6 on 6 8ZEW-WWWW-WW3G-5VCU

Vs. Nick First to 3 KO (that was my fault, I was used to choosing 3 out of 6) V9MW-WWWW-WW3G-5VDP This is a real shame since Nick was using one of my favorites, Poliwrath and I wanted to see him in action.

Do any of you have any of her videos saved? Mainly that epic showdown versus O'Dell (Doubles fighting type) from the elite. That match was awesome. If anyone can put these things up on YouTube that would be awesome as well. Sadly I don't have the hardware for it unless you want to see a video of me holding the phone over my DS.

Anyways, thanks again for making it fun. I know some people held back and used more casual 'mons while some of you guys went all out. It was the perfect balance to make sure things weren't too easy and they weren't impossible.

Side note, I'm not too sure we are any better at building teams as we are still picking them according to favorites versus type match ups. I'm pretty sure we had no earthquake, no ice moves, no fire moves and no plant moves. Wow, when I type that out, that seems reallly bad. Oh well, it makes things more interesting for everyone as I'm sure you guys saw some mon's that you haven't seen in a while and I get to see Hawlucha. I'm sure we will be back next year and who knows, maybe we can be gym leaders too one day... I have to make a shellfish team first though, because Crawdaunt.
Derigor

Postby Erkenhelm » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:53 pm

East '15 - Leader Erkenhelm the Silver Dragon
Prime '15 - Champion Triple H the Authority
East '16 - E8 Erkenhelm the Twitch Streamer
West '16 - Erkenhelm the Grand Duke of Kalos
East '17 - Commander Shepard the First Human Spectre
Erkenhelm

Postby Shade » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

I saved her battle with me (mono-flying, during the showcase), I'll pass it along to the stream team :)
E12+P12: Berri, the Master Ranger+Maxie, Champion of the Land (E5)
E13+P13: Berri, the Dragon Ranger+Berri, the Traveling Ranger
E14+P14: Neuro of Aperture Labs+Co-cordinator
E15: Sorra of the Parched Pirates
S16, S17, S18: Peggy Pidgeot, Robin, Osono
Shade
League Coordinator

Postby 725roy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:14 pm

I have her fight against me as well, and Ican pass the along too, though Gastrodon :/
Prime 2012 - Hall of Fame Entrant
South 2015 - Hall of Fame Entrant
South 2016 - Petro, the Down to Earth Youngster
East 2016 - Hall of Fame Entrant
South 2017 - Champion Roy G. Biv
East 2017 - Will of Will and Celeste
South 2018 - Hall of Fame Entrant
725roy

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion