[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PPL Australia 2015

PPL Australia 2015

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: PPL Australia 2015

Postby Aurethious » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:50 am

Just throwing this out there, but some of us at East were really surprised at how many Challengers we encountered that only had X/Y. In the end, we were glad that we allowed Challengers to use X/Y. Switching out a Mega Stone really isn't that big of a deal, unless you happened to build your entire team around that particular Mega. Maybe by the time your PAX hits, the number of people without OR/AS will have dropped a bit, but I'd still be concerned about excluding people.
Alexander, the Determined Coach - East 2013
Alexander, the Emerald Knight - East 2014-2016
Alexander, the Proud Paragon - East 2017-2018
Alexander, the Rock Star - East 2019
Aurethious, the Emerald Knight - East 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/Aurethious
Aurethious
One-Time Leader

Postby Kaka » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:36 am

Worst case scenario. Once the leaders are chosen, we could announce who has XY and ORAS capability on the announcments and I am sure we can get additional things bred up and done as needed. Probabaly something for a google dock linked on the leaderboards once done, assuming that wasn't already the plan. Which means that we could also divvy out some tasks if needed liek breeding specific things (shinies/HA/IV/gender/nature/egg) or traiing if we need to do that.

Coach for the Adelaide Crobats - 2016 Aussie Draft League Champions

A15 - Frank Underwood: Pokémon Champion
A16 - Switch, the Sorcerer of Shift
A17 - Switch, the Dance Dance Revolutionary
Kaka

Postby DolphinSquared » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:29 pm

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I was hoping to get something done before I leave the country by end 2015. Which means either gym leader or completely beating all the gym leaders. Which 2014 Pokemon League can finally be worked on this week.
DolphinSquared

Postby Powalen » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:41 pm

I don't think it's too big of a deal to require leaders to accommodate XY challengers. The fewer challengers we exclude, the better!

(Though I'm saying this as someone who most likely wouldn't use an ORAS Mega in my Flying team anyway :P Though Mega Pidgeot is really cool...)
[size=85t8i][url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2014/10/leader-priam-leader-of-the-swarm/t8i]2014 PPL Aus Leader[/urlt8i]
[url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2015/10/windsor-the-aerobatic-aviator/t8i]2015 PPL Aus Leader[/urlt8i]
[bt8i]NNID:[/bt8i] Powalen [bt8i]Twitter:[/bt8i] @PowalenAU[/sizet8i]
Powalen

Postby philomglol » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:55 pm

@Aurethious, I suppose I fall more on the "building around a new mega team" side of the equation, in that I don't want to exclude Gyms and their Leaders due to XY backwards compatibility.

I did have a couple challengers last year asking me how to join in, playing with Black & White, but only one who didn't have XY on hand, and one guy who with his GBC (gold? I think) but he didn't bring his link cables so we couldn't battle :(

I think a reasonable way to deal with it is within the Gym Leader forum, when Leaders have their potential teams on display, we can build some Leader consensus on the issue. I'm hopeful we'll be able to offer Gym Leaders a healthy alternative to their incompatible pokes, if push comes to shove.
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby snowyalice » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:01 am

Cat and Dog team are done!
The Ausmistress

Coach of:
snowyalice
Eight-Time Leader

Postby fulvipes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:03 am

Just submitted along-side snowy for the cat-dog team :D Looking forward to it
[url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2015/10/astrid-kitty-the-cat-dog-duo/nf9]PPL Aus '15 Astrid of the Cat-Dog Duo[/urlnf9]
[url=https://paxpokemonleague.net/2016/10/pplaus2016-leader-bulletin-johann-mim-and-dann/nf9]PPL Aus '16 Mim, the Mini ‘Mon Master![/urlnf9]
PPL Aus '19 ?????
fulvipes

Postby Kaka » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:49 am

Either I am hooped up on way too much caffeine and sugar or vastly over excited. Spreadsheets everywhere that I want to post and get feedback on with team designs.... But I don't want to post them openly and give away secrets just yet either.

[imgi3n]https://i.imgflip.com/klraq.jpg[/imgi3n]

Coach for the Adelaide Crobats - 2016 Aussie Draft League Champions

A15 - Frank Underwood: Pokémon Champion
A16 - Switch, the Sorcerer of Shift
A17 - Switch, the Dance Dance Revolutionary
Kaka

Postby philomglol » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:23 pm

@fulvipes, Most Excellent! Also welcome :)

@Kaka, post some ideas! The only people who would steal them would be other Gym Leaders :lol:
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby MonotoneMorgan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:51 pm

@Kaka - so very true, my spreadsheets have been through the wringer trying to get everything together and just right.
I can now say, that 100% both teams are ready for PAX... and my Eevee-challenger team is also ready.

@snowyalice - Cat and dog team or Catdog team? Or PQNLD?
MonotoneMorgan

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion