[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PPL Australia 2015

PPL Australia 2015

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: PPL Australia 2015

Postby philomglol » Sun May 24, 2015 12:49 am

[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby Dezzles » Sun May 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Friend Code (Normally) : 4725-8103-6978
Friend Code (YouTubing) : 0834-2966-1453
Trainer of Vulpix

[img995]http://i.imgur.com/U0nIa6g.png[/img995]
Dezzles

Postby johann82 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Burn baby burn!
Friend Code X/Y: 3110-4117-3582
johann82

Postby Beavwa » Sun May 24, 2015 7:18 pm

This could either be a good time or completely the wrong time to bring this up.

Back just before XY released we were subjected to some mega hype fuel in the form of Pokémon Origins. There was one little detail in the first episode that stuck out to me and got me excited about a potential change to the standard game formula (that didn't eventuate, but hey, I could dream).
So... When Red first challenged Brock, Brock asked how many badges he had. When Red admitted he didn't have any yet, Brock then responded by only choosing a team of two for a newbie challenger - this neatly explained the whole progressive challenge of gyms in the game...

So of course I got a little excited that this explanation could mean that the game could be changing to an open world / hub style progression with any given gym scaling up as you collect more badges. Wasn't the case but I liked the concept.

So maybe as an option C, rather than having a fixed format or preparing different level teams, why not change the format based on the challenger - a newbie could bring their whole team of up to 6 to challenge the leader's 3, something like that?
PAX AU Resident Shiny Hunting Idiot
XY (old) FC: 3668-7797-0858
ORAS (new) FC: 0447-8297-0626

PPL AU '14 - Shiny Challenger (12 badges)
PPL AU '15 - Leader: Mr Shine, the Rare Gem Collector
PPL AU '16 - Leader: Larry, the Layabout Loafer
Beavwa

Postby Dezzles » Sun May 24, 2015 8:34 pm

@Beavwa This is how I was thinking of handling trainers of different levels, as well as probably setting up a two teams which have been trained to different degrees (one properly trained, one just kinda setup through gameplay)
Trainer of Vulpix

Dezzles

Postby Volucris » Mon May 25, 2015 12:25 am

I really like that idea, it's true to both the show and the games where you rarely fight a full team XD

I'd definitely give that a shot if I didn't love using different Pokemon :D personal preference, but in principle I very much like that idea
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Postby Kaka » Mon May 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Thoughts..... I have an old brick and a link cable..... Is it worth me spending time to set up gen 1 stuff in case we get trolls?

Coach for the Adelaide Crobats - 2016 Aussie Draft League Champions

A15 - Frank Underwood: Pokémon Champion
A16 - Switch, the Sorcerer of Shift
A17 - Switch, the Dance Dance Revolutionary
Kaka

Postby philomglol » Mon May 25, 2015 4:10 pm

@Kaka, :lol: I'll be bringing a link cable and my GBC this year though, but I probably won't be breeding a team special, or playing very far in (assuming my saves are all gone). So I would say, if you plan on carrying a large bag, bring one! But no pressure :P
philomglol

Postby Dezzles » Mon May 25, 2015 11:42 pm

I could probably do a game from every generation...

Though 1st gen would be dodgy, no actual dark types :p
Trainer of Vulpix

Dezzles

Postby philomglol » Tue May 26, 2015 12:46 am

Yeah my potential Gym may be a little... more Normal :(
philomglol