[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PPL Australia 2015

PPL Australia 2015

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: PPL Australia 2015

Postby Volucris » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:06 pm

Haha, well you're welcome to challenge me as Volucris again sometime, or after a few more weeks I'll likely have the team I intend to use this year ready :P I'll need to test it and see if it even functions, but for a type like grass that I consider to be somewhat fragile (many weaknesses) I reckon I've done a decent job.

I forgot if I used my full team or weakened team against you last time :P If you're confident I'll have to bring my venomous best and really see what you've got XD

P.S: Gotta love Cpt. Patch-It :D He's da real MVP
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Postby Kaiser » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:07 am

Man, this time of year gets busy quick. Everything just happens at once, doesn't it?

Talking about the ditto team reminds me of hearing about my friend bringing Alice his own Ditto lineup - he was actually debating having a Zoroark at the end as a jokey mix-up, but I think he went with straight 6 ditto team. And, man, Vol, your poison teams were the bomb! I think you said I ended up being the first to actually succeed in your challenge? Either way, that team is deadly, and if you're turning your hand to grass, I shudder to think of the sort of carnage that'll result.

Also, just in case it's been lost in the annals, I'm still quite interested in putting my hand up for gym leader - potentially one built around music, I've decided. If/when things get to organizing, I'm ready to go!
Kaiser

Postby Volucris » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:00 am

The formal applications will be in a few weeks my good man, as I understand it :) You'll not miss the boat without wanting to, if you wanna jump in a be a part of it you'll have ample opportunity to voice your interest. The increased interest this year will make things really sweet!

And I believe you in your claim about beating me, I remember telling you that you were the first to do so ^.^ I was...I think 3-0 going into our battle, very pleased with its performance. My grass team is going for a bit of a gimmick this year but still designed to hold its own. The focus however is the theme and the design of the team as opposed to purely about its strength.

Can't wait to complete it though and see it in action and more so I can't wait to see all the new faces and ideas that people bring.
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Postby NovaCascade » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:01 am

I'm really excited for the PPL this year. I've been doing some testing with my team of snakes and even though it's only got one OU Pokemon (if you go by Smogons list) it's been going toe to toe with some seriously strong teams and usually coming out on top :-)

I'm heading off to Japan in at the end of next week so hopefully I don't get distracted and miss the applications, but I'm sure they will be open for a while
Aus 2014 - Challenger - Hall of Fame
Aus 2015 - Aspen the Exiled Snake Charmer
Aus 2017 - Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Aus 2018 - Eclipse, The Wandering Mystic
Aus 2019 - Velka, Lord of Souls

Coach of the -
[img6wn]http://i.imgur.com/JEVxKq5.png[/img6wn]
NovaCascade

Postby philomglol » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Fear not, fellow trainers - if you have expressed interest, you will not be excluded by being late :) and as Vol says, we'll ensure the applications are spammed thoroughly via all available channels soon - when the dust has settled on East and we're all good to go.

I want to head back to Japan this year! I want to get more prizes!!
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby NovaCascade » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Aus 2014 - Challenger - Hall of Fame
Aus 2015 - Aspen the Exiled Snake Charmer
Aus 2017 - Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Aus 2018 - Eclipse, The Wandering Mystic
Aus 2019 - Velka, Lord of Souls

Coach of the -
[img6wn]http://i.imgur.com/JEVxKq5.png[/img6wn]
NovaCascade

Postby MonotoneMorgan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:55 am

Hey, just wondering if it's possible to sign up myself and another person when the applications come online?

I was one half of the Honeymooners/Love-Love Couple from last year. This year, my partner and I want to be gym leaders or Elite Four - as we'll be dressed up as X/Y's E4 Malva & Siebold. Already started on the teams and are greatly anticipating PAX 2015~
MonotoneMorgan

Postby philomglol » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:09 am

Welcome Monotone!

Certainly is! Applications will open up in the coming weeks (similar timing to last year) and we welcome any and all enthusiastic trainer to apply :)

For some reason, we're getting a fair few combo teams this year, this makes me very happy.

@Nova, when is your trip?
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby snowyalice » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:07 am

The Ausmistress

Coach of:
snowyalice
Eight-Time Leader

Postby NovaCascade » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:15 pm