[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - PPL Australia 2015

PPL Australia 2015

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: PPL Australia 2015

Postby Volucris » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:05 am

Actually Alice (and to Phil/Prop or any other forum authority) I have need of some clarification on a point.

Would a twitch team entail Zapdos? And for that matter, are the trio "mini" legendaries ok to use in teams, especially with so many in easy access in ORAS? I'm thinking of throwing in a Virizion to my intended grass team (I realize of course how much I'm jumping the gun with team planning but I'm quite taken with the new team XD). Would this be considered too strong?

Just wondering cause I know trio legendaries are VGC legal most of the time, but legality for PAX League teams seems another matter. At any rate I'll be soft reseting for a shiny so it's not like it'll be guaranteed highly competitive stat distribution or anything. Just thought I'd see if that'd meet approval, otherwise I can always revert to my old idea for that last slot.
2014: Volucris the Venomous Poison Master
2015: Glade the Forest's Recluse
2016: Gaster the Unmade
2017: Flax the Bumbling Bug Keeper
2018: Mordecai Gentleman of the Bayou
2019: Rakan the Soaring Reveller
Volucris

Postby snowyalice » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:07 am

The Ausmistress

Coach of:
snowyalice
Eight-Time Leader

Postby philomglol » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Snowy is right Vol - the rules were amended this year for XY, and that's when I think many of the "lesser" legendaries moved out of the banned list.

I actually did bring my trio of dogs with me to PAX this year (and articuno, to round out a team of 4), in case anyone had bought along their own trio-team (I think it came up as a joke in the podcast, but I take jokes very seriously!!). No one did though :P
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby Volucris » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Awesome :3 catchable only on Monday and Thursday though....the SR will be strong with this one...

Regardless that should be my grass team enough muscle to bring the pain >:D

I'll use the parents of all my shiny breeding as non ev trained pokes for casual players though, I know it might've contributed to clogging the queue a little bit on that day with more leaders and double battles over singles I reckon I'll be fine to just ask "casual or competitive?". Almost the same team but without the ev training to make things more fun for everyone.

I thought training and using Pokemon like Vileplume and Seviper last year would even out the field but competitive training is too much of an edge even then, so a non competitive variation of the same team seems like the best balancing method. Fun for everyone! :P
Volucris

Postby Kaiser » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:54 am

Ooh ooh ooh! If at all possible, I'd love to try and make a team to try and be a gym leader at next year's PAX! I'm either tossing up between an analytic type badge where both sides get a chance to plan slightly beforehand or a rotation battle team built around sound pokemon - Wigglytuff, Exploud, Mismagius, that sort of thing.
If not, I've always got another Nuzlocke team that could go around again. Heaps of fun either way. :D
Kaiser

Postby philomglol » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Excellent Kaiser! I like the enthusiasm already :)

Applications for PPL Aus will open up after the PAX in Boston is all done and dusted, so keep your eyes peeled!

Also, the sound team idea is an excellent one, I wonder how good Round would be in a triples battle?
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby Powalen » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Hope you all had a good Christmas and (will have) a happy new year!

I think I've finally settled on what I want to do for 2015 PPL Aus. Going for Flying-type this time! I'll probably apply to be an Elite 4 member too (I think I underestimated my team last year...)

Plus I've got a leader costume idea ready as well. I may have already started planning/ordering things for it :P

Going to be great!
[size=85t8i][url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2014/10/leader-priam-leader-of-the-swarm/t8i]2014 PPL Aus Leader[/urlt8i]
[url=http://paxpokemonleague.net/2015/10/windsor-the-aerobatic-aviator/t8i]2015 PPL Aus Leader[/urlt8i]
[bt8i]NNID:[/bt8i] Powalen [bt8i]Twitter:[/bt8i] @PowalenAU[/sizet8i]
Powalen

Postby Volucris » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:55 pm

In fairness Powalen I'll be ordering the remaining aspects of my costume soon too :P Might be jumping the gun a bit...or a lot!

Can't wait to see what you do with your costume :)

In the meantime my team is taking shape and I've even bred the 2nd of hopefully all 6 shinies for the team, got it today after a whopping 1300 eggs D:

Unfortunately your flying type would wreck my grass types XD ah well. The coming year promises to be epic!

Happy holidays guys, hope everyone's enjoying it
Volucris

Postby AGanoti » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:19 am

I shall rise again but this time A DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FC: 2938-8898-7188(NEW FC)
PAX AUS Pokemon League Gym Leader 2014
[imgrtz]http://s17.postimg.org/ofjl6q3tr/trainercard_AGanoti.png[/imgrtz]
AGanoti

Postby AGanoti » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:27 am

FC: 2938-8898-7188(NEW FC)
PAX AUS Pokemon League Gym Leader 2014
[imgrtz]http://s17.postimg.org/ofjl6q3tr/trainercard_AGanoti.png[/imgrtz]
AGanoti

PreviousNext

Return to League Discussion