[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
PAX Pokemon League • View topic - ORAS and X/Y Compatibility

ORAS and X/Y Compatibility

This is where you can discuss any of the facets of the League!

Re: ORAS and X/Y Compatibility

Postby MrAGeezie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 pm

No decision needed, I'll have both ready to go and if peeps can get in contact w/ me early I will try to have a copy of their team ready for them on Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire
2015 PAX SOUTH CHAMPION
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAGeezie
E-Mail: mrageezie@yahoo.com
Twitter: MrAGeezie - The Road May Be Rough, But The Journey Will Be Unforgettable
MrAGeezie

Postby AssumptionPrime » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Pokemon and items available in X and Y can still be traded to and from ORAS, so there's not really a necessity to [ialj]remake[/ialj] teams in ORAS.
My webcomic, [url=http://www.xpboostcomic.comusx]Experience Boost[/urlusx] (some NSFW language)
AssumptionPrime

Postby Reiam2 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 am

West '13: Douglas, [i8eq]The Rival's Badge[/i8eq]
West '14: Samuel Willingston III, [i8eq]The Knowledge Badge[/i8eq]
West '15: Otto, [i8eq]The Rotation Badge[/i8eq]
Reiam2

Postby Propriety » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:22 pm

See you at PAX East!
Propriety
League Coordinator

Postby kirby4life » Sun May 17, 2015 8:45 pm

I was just thinking about this... Do gym leaders need OR/AS?? I don't really need any item/moves/pokemon from the new games but I don't want challengers getting bummed that they cant use their stuff... Assuming I get to be a gym leader that is...
kirby4life

Postby philomglol » Mon May 18, 2015 1:28 am

@kirby4life, the short answer is Gym Leaders should be using ORAS.

To flesh out the reasoning a little; the idea is for Gym Leaders to be as available as possible for Challengers (not the other way around), and that ORAS-first and XY-optional is the best way to achieve this without overly burdening every Gym Leader. This wouldn't be possible with just XY.

This discussion occurred earlier in the year when PPL South was being organized, and even prior to the release of ORAS, and the South GLs came to a similar conclusion. I'm open to discussion :) but I think that it'll have been nearly a full year plus as XY is 98% compatible with ORAS, it's not unreasonable.
[brvz]The Ausministrator[/brvz]
[irvz]SW-2868-3320-5801[/irvz]
philomglol

Postby kirby4life » Mon May 18, 2015 1:12 pm

I see, looks like I have to go pick up one of the new games. At least I have 5 months to beat the game and transfer my guys. Thanks for the info!! (>^~^)>
kirby4life

Postby Viltris » Mon May 18, 2015 6:26 pm

The consensus on the Prime 2015 boards is that ORAS would be nice to have, but we wouldn't penalize leaders for still being on XY.
Viltris

Postby kirby4life » Mon May 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Its fine. Now I can create a save game with my gym leaders name and gender without having to restart the game. I guess this would change my cosplay a bit, but its nothing I cant handle. Off to edit my application!!
kirby4life

Previous

Return to League Discussion